Binging after weeks of "clean" eating

Options
Has anyone else suffered unfortunate bowel problems the morning after a binge?

I do not normally binge eat but yesterday was an EXTREMELY rough day and I turned to Oreos, butterfinger and a Pepsi. I didn't do too bad and only had 9 Oreos, 1/2 the butterfinger and 1/3 of the 20oz soda. It could have been worse. However, I've ate so good for weeks, my digestive system is in shock.
My alarm went off at 5am. I normally get up and do a 30 minute workout. Today, I rushed to the bathroom to vomit. This was followed by a warm bath hoping things would settle. Nope, I spent the next hour alternating vomit and #2.

Is this normal after a binge?

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have had that reaction before aftr eating too much sugar. A week ago i had 4 girl scoutncookies and threw up the next morning. Weird stuff.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't eat clean but I do avoid a lot of high sugar or fatty foods so when I have it my body just seems to want to get them out as quickly as possible! It doesn't make me vomit though...
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this as well. I did a week of 15 g or less sugar each day, as an eye opener of how much sugar we normally eat. My plan was to go up to the normal recommended 20 g or less per day, and one day I ate a bunch of crap, and was terribly sick the next. I am still recovering.
  • little_miss_panda
    Options
    Could point to a food intolerance, if you have been cutting certain things out for a while (wheat, gluten, sugar, dairy etc) then you might be intolerant or even allergic to one or more of those, prompting such an extreme reaction.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    on the plus side, next time yuo're tempted to binge you can just remember the chunder and it'll put you right off.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else suffered unfortunate bowel problems the morning after a binge?

I do not normally binge eat but yesterday was an EXTREMELY rough day and I turned to Oreos, butterfinger and a Pepsi. I didn't do too bad and only had 9 Oreos, 1/2 the butterfinger and 1/3 of the 20oz soda. It could have been worse. However, I've ate so good for weeks, my digestive system is in shock.
    My alarm went off at 5am. I normally get up and do a 30 minute workout. Today, I rushed to the bathroom to vomit. This was followed by a warm bath hoping things would settle. Nope, I spent the next hour alternating vomit and #2.

Is this normal after a binge?

I think it its normal esp. after you are not used to processing all that sugar! i can have a syncopatic episode even while the #2 - your body is just trying to evacuate all that garbage!
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Totally normal for me! Typically I don't vomit, but a binge does wreak havoc on my digestive tract and I usually get bad cramps and feel like I want to throw up.
  • jmadamczyk
    jmadamczyk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is.

Yesterday was a hard day for my fiance' (it was a death anniversary) and I cooked him special cake and we went out to eat. I have been eating vegan (mostly) for thirty days, so after I ate I steak and strawberry cake I had awful stomach cramps and also puked quite a bit.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. The upside is NOW, you know your body rejects crap and you will just about get sick just looking at it.
  • HCGonzalezJr87
    HCGonzalezJr87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It is normal. It comes out one way or another if you are not used to it. In HS I use to get sick when I ate out with friends, pizza, burgers, fried chicken, about once a month. Really makes you think about what you put in your body when it reacts that way.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    This happens every time I eat clean and then get weak and order chicken fingers. It takes about 3 days for my body to digest it and get back to normal and until then it is awful.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes --at least for me it is normal...not so much on the vomiting though more stomach discomfort-diarrhea. NOT fun. Helps me stay on track when I consider the consequences of eating junk....I feel so much better when I eat right.
    Sorry for your experience.....lesson learned....check.:smile: