25 Things to be thankful for... Inspiring

Options
1. Losing 140.2 pounds so far! Even If I cannot make my goal weight of 130, I have lost an entire person.
2. I can walk again like a normal person. No back pain, No having to worry about being able to make it, No more asking being to be let out at the door.
3. No seatbelt extender on planes, No worries about fitting into a seatbelt in someone’s car.
4. I can fit into any booth at any eating establishment.
5. I am living life again.
6. I am a better wife.
7. I am a better mother.
8. I am a happier person.
9. I will live longer.
10. No more Diabetes meds, no more insulin or metformin.
11. I am no longer shying away from the camera.
12. I am taking pride in my appearance.
13. I can wear regular sized shoes again... AND pretty ones!
14. I can wear regular plus size clothing again 14/16 blouse/dresses, 18/20 pants. Used to be 5x or even 6x right before surgery.
15. I no longer feel embarrassed to eat in front of other people.
16. My stomach not only doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore but I have tons of room. (without pushing the seat all the way back).
17. My confidence level has increased dramatically.
18. A cup of soup is a suitable meal for me now.
19. Ability to take a business trip, and do everything that requires without sweating, sitting down resting my back, or relying on others.
20. Going to the grocery store to shop again.
21. I am loved and supported by so many people.
22. I am so blessed to have been able to have this surgery AND no complications.
23. I do not worry if a chair can support my weight or not.
24. I am cooking again for my family, washing dishes, and doing laundry.
25. I no longer have to order my bras online; I can buy $14 bras at Wal-Mart.

When I am frustrated about the weight loss slowing down, the above list hasn't changed. I will commit to focus on the positive. I did not gain this weight overnight. It may take time and hard work to finish. No matter what anyone says... I CAN get to my goal weight. I am the only person who controls my results.

Replies

• NataBee
    NataBee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Now THAT is a list to be proud of!! Whenever you are frustrated just take a look at that list and think... Look how far i have come!!

Well done you! :happy:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Great list and fantastic inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • meglet175
    meglet175 Posts: 98
    Options
    wow -look at you! besides looking trim and healthy, you look so happy! you have taken your life back - well done. enjoy every moment of every day. :)
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring. :)
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It really is the little things in life that make all of the difference! Congratulations, I consider you a great success!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That IS a lot to be thankful for. Although I did not have to worry about all of the things on your list, many of them rang true for me too. I love being able to buy junior size clothes in Walmart. So much cheaper than having to go to specialty stores. I also don't have to worry about fitting in seats at amusement parks. I was never too big, but I felt like I came close sometimes.

I can run for miles now without stopping and I don't sweat as much (unless I am exercising). I don't have to worry about what to wear based on how it will disguise my body. I can wear what I want out of my closet without fear of fat rolls or muffin top.

Although I HATE all of the loose skin that I have, I do have a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for reminding me about that today.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome! Be proud!!! :D