Two probably not new NSVs I noticed this weekend.

Options
dbrightwell1270
dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
I weigh 307 right now. My heaviest was around 465 about 4.5 years ago. For the longest time I've been running with a pair of bike shorts on under my regular shorts so I didn't chaffe. I lifted and ran afterwards three times last week without the bike shorts and had no chub rub.

The second NSV I noticed isn't new. I've been doing pushups with my feet elevated since I started my new lifting program in January. I have't had a problem doing the prescribed sets the entire time. I just occurred to me that 4 years ago, when I tried to do pushups, I stopped after 5 because my wrists felt like they were going to break.

Replies

• Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    congrats! they are both huge accomplishments . very proud of you. keep right on going. I started out at 250 pounds and am at 186 pounds currently.
  • SusieDerkinsRocks
    SusieDerkinsRocks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    that's awesome on both accounts!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congrats!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • tigztag
    tigztag Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! keep up the great work!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are great NSV's :flowerforyou: Goes to show that your hard work is paying off! Best of luck to you in your fitness journey :wink:
  • tpow1196
    tpow1196 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im a newb, whats NSV?
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs! Keep up the fantastic work!

way to go.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is wonderful!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Im a newb, whats NSV?

Non-Scale Victory.

And welcome. :)

ETA: And congrats, OP!!!! Feels pretty good getting those NSV's doesn't it? (I hate when I post before I'm finished...)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great when an unexpected NSV occurs and gives you that boost to keep going? Each new one gives you more resolve because you appreciate each new accomplishment. Well done...with many more discoveries to come.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Looks like we are on a similar journey. I am currently at 324. I was at 468 June 11 of 2012. I began wearing cycling shorts to prevent the chafing I got while walking. Congratulations and continued success in all you do.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    congrats to you also Dusty you have come a long way as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!