Low carb =D

Options
need some ideas for dinners havent done low carb in a year now and wanting to start again to try and help shift the last 4 stone i have to go any recipes

ps. i love food and flavour =D

Replies

• mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to add me i low carb, don't substitute carbs for low carb equivalents though. For tonight im have taco meat salad, last night mixed grill, earlier in the week had a satay vegetable curry with roasted meat. Im big on food and flavour too.xx

As a side note i lc for 3 months last year an did well thats how i know what i can and cant have.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    taco meat salad sounds amazing =D
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Wanting to go as carb free as I can, but especially wheat free. Love some ideas.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started low carbing again 2 days ago, check out my diary!
  • LootQueen
    Options
    We usually do a protein (chicken, fish, steak) and two veggies broccoli + zucchini, or spinach and mushrooms, etc. We have 2 small kids and for what ever reason I am having a hard time getting my 6 year old out of the stage "NO food can not mix! it has to be separate" phase aka no low carb lasagna no spaghetti, no casseroles of any kind. Which helps me with the low carb situation.
  • Hawaiian_Shirt_Day
    Options
    Here's a great resource for low carb recipes: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    that site is the one i use to use i couldnt find it to save my life =D

and lootqueen sounds good ive the opposite problem with my 2 year old who mixes everything biscuits and ketchup yes please =/ lol he also puts banana in his ketchup so now we have to clear the table before he gets desert lol
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125868
    this link is awesome also! This is where I got my recipes :-)
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb for 2 months. One of my main sources of recipes is Pinterest. You can do a search for low carb, some recipes aren't strictly low carb but with a few easy tweaks they are easy to convert. Usually the low carb pins will take you to websites with more recipes.
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    I've been low carb for 2 months. One of my main sources of recipes is Pinterest. You can do a search for low carb, some recipes aren't strictly low carb but with a few easy tweaks they are easy to convert. Usually the low carb pins will take you to websites with more recipes.

just tried this =D its awesome can't wait to try some of the recipes thank you
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My favorite low carb recipe.. Steak with a side of steak and veggies :wink:
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you have a Pinterest acct then Atkins has it's own board: http://pinterest.com/atkinsinsider/. The recipe board is a group board, meaning any of their followers can pin to it. Most of the recipes are from "I Breathe...I'm Hungry" or "Your Lighter Side"s blogs. I use both of those blogs for recipes almost exclusively; they have some great stuff on there. SkinnyTaste has some good recipes too; her's is not all low carb but she does have a section of low carb recipes.
  • PurposefulPractices
    Options
    We just started using the Paleo option on emeals.com about a month ago. It's about $5 per month (for some reason I just HATE menu planning. I always seem to make the same things over and over). It gives you weekly recipes and shopping lists. The recipes are coordinated so you use up everything each week. It seems like we're actually saving money on food and we always have something new for dinner. And so far, we haven't had a bad dinner yet. They have many menu options (paleo, vegetarian, clean eating, etc, etc).
  • jamieeas
    jamieeas Posts: 21
    Options
    I do Primal, and I love Marksdailyapple.com - There are always recipes on there. Pinterest is a great resource too. I like a bit of dairy so I don't do full-out paleo. This morning I had a greek yogurt with almonds and fresh fruit. Totally filling and 20 carbs - none from any refined sugars or grains. I like Fage yogurt because there's no additives. For lunch, I'll probably have grilled chicken with peppers and onions, two sides of veggies (eggplant is a new favorite, or zucchini, and broccoli or cauliflower). I usually get a big handful of nuts (almonds or pistachios) for a snack, and for dinner, I'm thinking spaghetti squash and meat sauce. Good luck!