11 days of not logging!!! HELP

Options
I have not logged my food for 11 days!!!! The days go fast!!! I am already gaining. I'm going to take this weekend to get it together. I'm stressed out to the max. I'm a teacher and the end of the year is in site!! This is a bad time of year for me and my diet. I don't want to gain and I will on this road!

Replies

• afeinberg
    afeinberg Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    but you are here now - and you logged in today which is an awesome first step
    keep coming back....
    forgivve yourself for the past; it's a crazy time - you fell off the wagon; what's done is done
    get back up and start logging, commit to yourself that you will do it for today forward
    that's what matters!
    welcome back!!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I agree the biggest step is that you came back :flowerforyou:

If you cannot get on to log foods as much why not buy a small notebook and keep it in your bag to write down the foods you eat ... maybe once a week you can log them in :heart: Even writing it down helps cause you know when you go off track :wink:
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    As a student I can relate to the end of the year stresses. For the last 3 weeks with finals coming up and everything else I've been terrible! I gained back what I lost and I am totally discouraged. But you just have to keep going forward. I'm working on it now and now that the majority of that stress is gone I can make new plans. Including plans for how to deal with the stress at school with finals the next time it comes around. Just keep at it! You can do it!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I have been logging... well, I start the day logging, then it falls by the wayside after lunch. Ever since last Friday, with Memorial Day weekend, parties, etc., I've been in a rut. But today is a new day. I've already had 5 cups of water, feel like I'm washing away all the fat and junk I've been putting in my body for the last week. No time for exercise today, but I should be able to work out tomorrow. We can get back on track together! Good luck finishing up the school year!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Relax! There is no need to stress about it.

I have a feeling that you are one of those people that I call "naturally stressed." Stresses easily, stresses too much, and doesn't handle stress well! If so, then I totally understand because I am a naturally stressed person!

That said, it took me a long time to learn to let it go when I fall off the wagon here. It happens, particularly for someone like me who often feels like there is just too much going on. If you let the stress and guilt of not logging your food get to you, it will make this bump in the road (and all of your other stresses) much worse! I have found that I am more aware of food now as well, so I am able to eyeball it without logging my food if I have to.

::EDIT:: I wanted to add that this is a lifestyle change and not temporary. It isn't realistic for everybody to log their food all the time. So don't be so hard on yourself! Get back to it when you can!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I need the support and you are right I am a natural stressed out person. Only time I am relaxed is when I'm hiking or outside. I logged in 120 days in a row before and I can do it again.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I need the support and you are right I am a natural stressed out person. Only time I am relaxed is when I'm hiking or outside. I logged in 120 days in a row before and I can do it again.

That's great! You can definitely do it again. Hiking and being outside are really great stress relievers to have. Mine are shopping and food so consider yourself lucky! :laugh:
  • sangrea
    sangrea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am also a "naturally stressed" person I worry about everything and it seem that no matter how healthy i eat when i'm stressed I can't loose anything I also work 3rd shift which never help cause i don't get enough sleep.

One thing i try and do is plan out my whole day in what I am going to eat. I almost always bring my food to work so it i fall off its after i get back home and i'm to tired to fix what i planned or as this week has gone i've had aweful cravings due to it being my TOM But if i mess up i don't give up and say ill start over tomorrow I start right then to get back on track if i can. Its been a bad week for me but i'm not giving up!!

You guys are such a big help know that i'm not the only one out there who struggles Thanks for the post and encouragement

Cheri