I have a few questions please answer:)

Options
1. When you get weight-loss surgery, I know you have to eat really low calories like 600-900 But how come people who Do get surgery don't go into starvation mode but you eat that low without surgery, and you automatically go into starvation mode, doesn't that prove right their that their is no such thing as starvation mode, But Only your heart slowing down but never does the fat-loss stop,

2. is it really only about the calories in calories out and i mean to lose actual fat can you eat chips all day chocolate all day and literally lose fat , if you don't go above your calorie intake? I know you wont be healthy, but Is weight loss what is it, Is it eating healthy is it being at a calorie deficient is it eating anything you want? how do you really honestly transform you life for the better,?

3. What if worse comes to worse and you cant lose the weight no matter what you do diet n exercise making it a lifestyle change what if you just cant lose the dang weight I know their is such a thing called stubborn fat, but , is it true, Will the deficient work eventually for everyone?

Thank you for reading and please post your honest opinion please i need help thank you:)

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    1. Starvation mode only occurs when you're already at an extremely low body fat (<5% for males, <10% for women). People undergoing bariatric surgeries have more than enough fat to fuel their bodies.

2. Yes, but for proper health it's important to eat adequate amount of fat, protein, and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals)

3. Not possible. If you eat less than you burn you will lose weight.
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    TrainSweatEatSleep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1. Starvation mode only occurs when you're already at an extremely low body fat (<5% for males, <10% for women). People undergoing bariatric surgeries have more than enough fat to fuel their bodies.

2. Yes, but for proper health it's important to eat adequate amount of fat, protein, and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals)

3. Not possible. If you eat less than you burn you will lose weight.

^ This

/Thread
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    1. When you get weight-loss surgery, I know you have to eat really low calories like 600-900 But how come people who Do get surgery don't go into starvation mode but you eat that low without surgery, and you automatically go into starvation mode, doesn't that prove right their that their is no such thing as starvation mode, But Only your heart slowing down but never does the fat-loss stop,

2. is it really only about the calories in calories out and i mean to lose actual fat can you eat chips all day chocolate all day and literally lose fat , if you don't go above your calorie intake? I know you wont be healthy, but Is weight loss what is it, Is it eating healthy is it being at a calorie deficient is it eating anything you want? how do you really honestly transform you life for the better,?

3. What if worse comes to worse and you cant lose the weight no matter what you do diet n exercise making it a lifestyle change what if you just cant lose the dang weight I know their is such a thing called stubborn fat, but , is it true, Will the deficient work eventually for everyone?

Thank you for reading and please post your honest opinion please i need help thank you:)

1. They already have a large amount of weight to lose and enough fuel for their body

2. It is calories in vs calories out however you won't be getting the appropriate nutrients if you just eat junk.

3. If you truly have tried everything and you're not losing weight then go see a doctor to rule ou other medical issues.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just gonna put my 2 cents in about the 'stubborn fat'.. I'm not sure if you hear the from health care professionals or weight loss commercials.. but I don't believe it.. Some fat will take longer to DIE... like girls belly fats.. but eventually a healthy diet, deficit and exercise will take care of it..

I think people call it 'stubborn fat' because what ever supplements or only limiting calories doesn't get rid of it.. it is something you have to work to get rid of.
  • rde8jr
    rde8jr Posts: 34
    Options
    1. I don't have an educated answer for this one.

2. If you don't have the nutrition that your body needs than you will begin to get sick over time.

3. If you are HONESTLY doing all you can exercise and low calorie intake and are not losing anything then you really need to seek help from a physician because you could have something wrong with your Thyroid or Pituitary. Or some other gland that could be out of whack. I had a pituitary tumor that I had surgery on and the things that my body went through during that time were crazy. I know have to take a growth hormone daily.