What is your activity level?

Options
Are you sedentary or more active?

Do you take the stairs instead of the elevator?
Park in a spot further away from the door?
Walk "briskly" through the mall?

What do you do to keep active and the calories burning even when you're not "working out"?

I must confess that I am tempted to think that I don't need to be as active day-to-day because I work out a few times a week.
But of course, I burn more calories, eat less and feel better if I stay active.

How about you?

Replies

• Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm pretty lazy...except for the gym, but boy am I glad when I'm out of there.
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My job is sedentary (office work) but I work out 6 days a week - I measure calorie burn with a heart rate monitor and I average 5,000-6,000 calories a week. I don't do all those little tricks with the stairs, etc. because I feel like I burn more than enough calories on a weekly basis. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I run round after my 3 and 1 year olds! They keep me on my toes! We go out for lots of walks, I chase them on their scooters, push them on swings, run round soft play etc. I also work part time as a teacher and am on my feet all day. Being part time means I don't have my own classroom so I'm always walking between classrooms too. Plus I do half hour break duty once a week.

Plus I do 5 or 6 exercise sessions a week.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My job is in my in home office. Thinking about raising the computer so I can stand instead of sit all day. Other than that, I have two very active young boys to chase after. I do workout sessions about 5 days a week, usually about an hour to two hours each.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    My job is in my in home office. Thinking about raising the computer so I can stand instead of sit all day. Other than that, I have two very active young boys to chase after. I do workout sessions about 5 days a week, usually about an hour to two hours each.

I remember pushing my kids on the swing and alternating arms so I got an "even work out" :bigsmile:
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    My activity level is -active enough to be covered in bruises all the time-

I don't have a car, I walk to and from work, and to and from everywhere else within 5 miles.

It isn't all flat either.

I take the stairs. I walk to get snacks and make sure they are worth that walk.

I do a minimum of 5 miles walking per day.

I lift weights 4 days a week, at the gym between 5:30 and 6.

I just added a speed run and an endurance run on two days each week.

I have a standing/climbing job that sometimes involves balancing, perching, lifting heavy, carrying heavy loads in awkward shapes and I tend to work at least 2 hours late every night.

I dont like stepping on cracks and bloodstains on the sidewalk. I have to jump onto and off of street curbs.

Sometimes I climb trees.

Im always covered in bruises.