Polar FT4 - Worth $65?

Options
dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
I don't own a HRM monitor yet but i see the Polar FT4 is on sale for $65.95, is this worth the price?

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I own one and I love it!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yup! I paid more than that ;)
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    I was looking at them too and this seems like a great price. Im prob gonna jump on this sale.
  • lizabelle1217
    lizabelle1217 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I JUST this morning purchased the Polar FT4 via Amazon Prime. I can't wait to get it on Wednesday so I can start really figuring out how to actually lose this weight!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I paid less than that for my FT7 on Amazon.

An FT4 would be worth $65, yes, but that is not the best price out there.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes, its worth it. Love mine.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    That's what I paid for mine on Amazon. I've been nothing but happy with it.

I discovered this morning that it gives you a little cake on your birthday too. :laugh:
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Here it is for $45 from Sears. This is the women's model, though.

http://www.sears.com/polar-ft4-female-fitness-computer/p-00614450000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you want to get out of your HRM it could be a good price or you could be paying less for less.

If you want to track distance it would be better to get a GPS enabled HRM. I use a Garmin and it is wonderful! Garmins can be purchased in models for running/walking/hiking, cycling, skiing/snowboarding, swimming. So many different activities can be gauged depending on what you buy with a GPS HRM.

If you want a pedometer/speed indication/hrm then the Polars I have heard a great, and work very well for their price point, they also vary on features depending on the model you choose so it might be a good idea to read up on the current models and see if the one you have noted is the one that works how you want it to.

http://heart-rate-monitor-watches-review.toptenreviews.com/

This website also helps with choosing as well, they test the product and then give a review based on uses with pro's, con's and other great info.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

http://www.sears.com/polar-ft4-female-fitness-computer/p-00614450000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

The only difference between the men's and women's is the size. My large framed husband uses my old gold FT4 with no issues. There is a setting for gender.

I would have ordered another as a spare from Sears at that price. Unfortunately, it says it's not available to ship and no store within 50 miles of me had any in stock :frown:
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Thanks but i should have clarified.. I'm looking at Mens one. Thank you tho .
  • becjovincent
    becjovincent Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar... i'm on my 3rd (They've each lasted me YEARS!!!!!) & my FT4 is my favorite. I paid over $65 for mine... & would again.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    absolutely-best $65 you'll ever spend!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY worth it. There are good deals out there if you're willing to hunt around!
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have the ft7 and love my hrm! I would def suggest getting one. Really gives you an accurate reading of how many calories burned.
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Worth it! Really helpful when working out. I run, do zumba, do strength training. All of that burns calories and I know exactly how many with my chest strap. I use my cell phone for music and safety when I run, so I use the GPS in that. I couldn't justify $200 for a GPS HRM watch.
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Next to a new pair of running shoes, a HRM was the best thing I invested for myself. Good luck!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine from Ebay for $63.99. It should arrive today.
  • JTKamz
    JTKamz Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a FT7 and I love it! I wont workout or even shovel snow w/o it!