2 Months of nothinggg..getting frustrated!

Options
Okay... so for two months ive been eating 1500 calories. Netting 1900 or so with my Insanity workouts. I was told by my doctor I should not be eating less then 1500 calories and should eat my exercise calories back. so ive been following her orders. I have been buckling down on losing my weight I gained from pregnancy. My daughter is almost 2 now and i just want to get back to my normal slim self... so its been 2 months now and Ive lost....ready?..... absolutely nothingggg. the same 3-4 pounds falls off then comes back then falls off then comes back.... Im starting to feel like giving up using my fitness pal and just wing eating instead of constantly stressing if im eating to much or little. But im afraid of that back firing on me... I just dont get how two months of following what the doctor said and working my butt off nothinggg is happening.. Am i broken or has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food correctly? Do you weight and measure everything?
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    wait what kind of workouts are you talking about?

Are you dividing yourself equally between stretch/flex, cardio and strength or just going balls to the wall with cardio??
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm with yah girl. I've been at this for 6 months (including doing p90x) and I've gained 8lbs....while eating 1800 calories a day and working out 6 days a week......doing grueling workouts.

I'm broken too.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements? Last year when I was doing some of Jillians videos I didn't really lose any weight but I sure did drop a bunch of inches!!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Play around with your calories. You're doctor COULD be wrong for what works best for you. Try still eating the 1500 cal/day. Still workout and get in your burn, but instead of eating back all of the calories, try eating half and see what happens. Then try NOT eating them back, see what happens. Also, are you using a HRM to see what you are actually burning? You could be overestimating how much you actually burn and UNDERestimating how much you are actually eating.
  • beez89
    beez89 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food correctly? Do you weight and measure everything?

I am very careful with what I log :(
    even 1 peanut m&m and its on there lol!

Yes and yes...and unfortunately nothing is moving along like it should.
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel i've lost any weigh. But my clothes have been fitting better. I just want the number to go on the scale. sick of seeing the same number (150) and i'm 5 foot tall ugh. I feeel like giving up I don't want to start over again. I guess I got to be patient.
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements? Last year when I was doing some of Jillians videos I didn't really lose any weight but I sure did drop a bunch of inches!!

Agreed, take measurements. Any of those high intensity muscle building videos can mess with your head a bit as far as the scale goes. If you are losing inches and clothing fits differently you are doing it right. I did the 30 day shred last year, didn't lose anything but went from a size 8 to a size 6.
  • beez89
    Options
    wait what kind of workouts are you talking about?

Are you dividing yourself equally between stretch/flex, cardio and strength or just going balls to the wall with cardio??

All of January I was doing Jillian Michaels burn fat boost metabolism workout dvd. and now Im doing Insanity which i think is a pretty standard cardio and strength and it even mixes some simple yoga moves into it.
  • vcancel
    vcancel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I agree but give it time when you make an eating change... say two weeks. Try 2 weeks eating 1/2. If that doesn't work, 2 weeks eating all calories back, etc.

Just remember, there is more to this than the scale. How do you feel? Are your clothes fitting better? Maybe the weights are too heavy and you need to use lighter ones. Just don't stop. You are worth the time and effort to see what works for you.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Are you noticing any difference in your body at all?? How much do you have to lose?
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You could just wing it. The results may or may not be the same as you are getting right now.

Try that for a month and see how you feel - this is a long term journey, not some race with a countdown.

However, the fact is that producing a consistent weight loss via a caloric deficit does work and has worked for millions of people. If you are consistent and do your best not to over or under estimate things, this process will work for you. If you really feel like you are as honest as possible about your intake and output, then you may consider having your metabolic requirements clinically checked. I felt like my weight loss was stalling out and had my BMR checked, only to find that it was 300 calories lower than any of the equations used by MyFitnessPal - therefore, I was essentially overeating by 300 calories per day. Once I accounted for that discrepancy, my loss picked back up.

The energy in / energy out equation is valid, and you are not broken. There is merely some variable for which you haven't adequately controlled.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Easy one. Calorie intake too high. So what if doc says eat back your exercise cals? You're not losing so it's not working. Try 1,650, or 1,750...play with the numbers until they start to go down. As previously mentioned, eat back some of your exercise cals but not all. Watch sodium and drink water. Be consistent. The scale will start to move over time.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    have you taken measurements? I gained almost a 1/2 lb last week but dropped 2.5 inches total doing 30 DS and HASfit cardio insanity 15 min workout.
  • swishandflick
    Options
    I only started losing after not eating back all my calories.

Even then if you don't have a ton to lose then unfortunately it just may take you a while. I started with 6 pounds to lose and only lost 2 since January and that's after working out 4 times a week. But when I started seeing results they came fast. The two pounds were gone in the last two weeks (after I stopped eating em all back).

People on the forums really encourage eating lots and lots but you have to decide what's right for you.
  • beez89
    Options
    I'm with yah girl. I've been at this for 6 months (including doing p90x) and I've gained 8lbs....while eating 1800 calories a day and working out 6 days a week......doing grueling workouts.

I'm broken too.

Im so glad im not the only one! It makes me so angry those workouts arent easy lol so u work ur butt off and then still look like day 1. Its soooo discouraging! Im also doing it 6 days a week. :frown: So it makes noo sense to me.
  • target50k
    target50k Posts: 11
    Options
    Do not always go by the scale...take your measurements. Also we tend to under estimate our calorie consumption...there could be a difference of 5-10%. So check that out as well. "DON'T CHANGE YOUR GOAL, CHANGE YOUR ACTIONS". Keep trying..your will reach your goal soon and your patience and effort will definitely pay off. Good luck :-)
  • beez89
    Options

Yes :(
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good questions here and some pretty really good advice (measure). Weight Looks different on everyone (http://sosmash.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/average-woman-weights-154-pounds.jpeg?w=580&h=365) <--150lbs comparison. I personally do not eat back all the calories I burn. I eat about 25-50% of them back. Where are you calories coming from? Can we view your Diary? DO YOU DRINK A LOT of WATER?

Now that we have that out of the way - Would quitting get you to your goal? Life happens and we do not always know what path to travel but history shows that if we quit...we wont get anywhere. Thomas Edison once said " I have never failed, I have only found 10,000 things that didn't work". You just have to find your IT zone and once you have IT...IT's on!
  • bahhumbug2
    bahhumbug2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you on this! I've been gaining/losing the same 4 lbs for about 2 months; but have been very consistently working out. (Not so much being good on the food tracking, since the devil on my shoulder - or in my stomach - said why bother if it's not going to show on the scale???) I was starting to get uber-discouraged! Up until now, I had to just take my pants in to have them refitted, but noticed that they are hanging so strangely I broke down and whent out shopping last friday.
    I had to go down another size to find anything that fit!!!!! So, damn the scale - sooner or later it will catch up to us. In the meantime, I feel better and look better and am making much smarter food choices.