Friends/ Diet

Options
Hey everyone! i have joined MFP a couple times but am going to stick to it this time. I am getting married in 82 days and even though the dress fits, some lbs lost cant hurt! My ultimate goal is to lose 90 lbs and i know that will take time

Anyone who would like to friend request me i am more than open to share any insigt on what i am doing to lose weight as well as get feedback and ideas from others.

I am currently trying to follow a high protein low carb diet.. what are others out there doing and had success with?

THANKS!!!

Replies

• proudandprejudiced
    Options
    If you lose weight, remember that you'll need your dress taking in! If you already have the dress, unless you have the money, it's probably better to wait a little!
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    congratulations, though! :)
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Along the lines of a low carb diet, I am following a Paleo diet. It's more of a high fat, moderate protein, and low carb (no grains or legumes at all). I've been doing it for a while, and it's eye opening at how great I feel.

I've lost weight, but mostly I've noticed that my body composition has changed with my clothing getting looser.

My boyfriend has been on it since Thanksgiving without tracking or exercise and has lost over 31 pounds. He loves it.

I say google it and check it out. And welcome!!
  • jnpelgen
    jnpelgen Posts: 9
    Options
    I know! :) the lady who owns a small dress bouqitue is really reasonsable with alterations. She told me to lose what i want and we will make it work.

So thats nice to know that if i lose she isnt going to charge me an arm and a leg. Its a goal i have had for a long time :):)
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    how exciting!!! I did the mad weight loss insanity before my wedding too but I need to lose at least 10lbs or else the dress i picked out would not have fit! Good luck my dear! Feel free to add me :tongue:
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request - would be happy to do whatever I can to support you. Congrats!
  • xxbritmeex3
    Options
    i getting married in 5 months! and im trying to lost 40 lbs total by then but want to lost 50-60 all together! just added you!
  • xHITorMISSx
    Options
    Welcome! Good Luck and Congrats!!

19375491.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    COngrats on the upcoming wedding. 82 days is plenty of time to get it taken in! Feel free to friend me. I am also doing high protein, watching calories and trying to stay away from the bad carbs (pasta, bread...). I am 5'9 and started at 228. I have no idea what my end goal will be. My mini goal is to get below 200 and I'm only 5 pounds from that!
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome back!
    I am following a Paleo diet. It's a high fat (50%), protein (30%), and low carb (20%).
    No Grains,NO Legumes, NO Dairy, No Starches, etc...
    I eat JERF(Just Eat Real Food) so no processed food and I eat seasonal for my area.

I have lost weight and am still losing. With weight lost comes small sizes :wink:

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Big congrats on the upcoming wedding, and good luck in you're weight loss journey! I've done the low carb style diet and it really worked for me... but in the end, I really love carbs, so now I try to just work within my calorie goals. I still always go over in protein and under in carbs, but at least I get tto indulge a little and have bread or potatoes every once in a while :)