Just saying hi.

Options
Hello everyone, just figured I'd pop on here and introduce myself. I'm 31 years old, a carpenter, living in Toronto Canada, and I've been married for 2 days shy of 2 years now. My wife and i were recently expecting our first child but unfortunately there were (as there are in life) complications. At 23 and a half weeks pregnant, my wife delivered our son and he only survived a little under an hour. The experience taught me how precious life is and how fragile it can be. At first I fell into a pit of eating quite poorly, basically whatever was easiest (which as we all know is junk) and being lazy and moping around, very sedentary. Now, since a little time has passed, I've realized that life is not something to be squandered, and that, should we be lucky enough to have another child, I want to live as long and as healthy as possible to watch them grow up. I love my wife very much, and having a healthy lifestyle has always been much more important to her than it has for me. I'm here to change that, and to try to make her proud.

Replies

• ashasm
    ashasm Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss, my heart goes to you & your wife.
    This is a good idea, not only will you become much healthier but it could also take your mind off of things.
    I'm sort of "new" aswell, so feel free to add me!
  • stacy_rihel
    Options
    I too am sorry for your loss. It is a difficult situation you and your wife have gone through.

Welcome to the site and good luck with your goals. We are all here for your support. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • LiveKind
    LiveKind Posts: 12
    Options
    I can't even begin to imagine how difficult the death of your son was for both you and your wife. I am so sorry. I am also amazed and inspired by your ability/willingness to look at the "big" picture and to think of how you want to live the rest of your life. We all need a reminder every now and then about how precious this life is...Thank you!
  • dbangley
    dbangley Posts: 6
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story. The hardest thing to do after a loss is stand up and find the attitude to embrace life -having the strength
    to make that decision couldnt have been easy but it helps the rest of us keep our courage up- as I'm sure it will many times over for your Wife

all the best