Teavana / Tea

Options
I don't know how popular this store is, but we have 2 of them on long island (Roosevelt field mall and Smithhaven mall). I bought a 13.7 ounce canister of Queen of Babylon (a white tea) which is not bad. Has an herbal/orange flavor to it (I actually think it's got small dried out orange peel bits in it). I'm running low and looking to get more tea but try a different flavor / type. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I love tea! Looseleaf is my favorite, and we have a Teavana here which I like but I actually think it's very expensive so I usually buy different brands. My favorite brand is David's Tea, which has store locations but I usually buy online because there isn't one near me. It's typically $5-7 cheaper than Teavana for the same amount of tea (approx 4oz or 100g) plus they give you a free tin if you buy 100g.

My other favorite (non-looseleaf) tea brands are Yogi, Choice, Republic of Tea, Alvita, and Yorkshire tea for black tea. I drink all types: herbal, green, red, white, black... :heart:
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    IMHO

Buying tea at Teavana was both expensive and unpleasant. I felt like I was in the finance office of a car dealership. I was 99% sure they were going to try and sell me on a service plan for my tea.

Perhaps your stores are better, but they won't get any of my money again.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I like the Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea.....seems expensive to me, but it's a treat. Like making it as sun tea too.
    Kaye
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Everything Ive ever tried at Teavana has been delicious. Expensive, sure...but I am worth a little indulgence.now and then!
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i am a tea addict!
    and David's Tea is my love. thier new spring collection comes out on wednesday and i've already placed a new order.

my current favorite teas from David's are Santa's Secret, Read My Lips, Super Ginger, and Glitter & Gold
    they have sample boxes you can order too if you aren't sure what you like and want to taste a variety.

i also buy from a great local store near me, as well as Kusmi, Verdant, Della Terra and Adagio.
    there are so many great tea companies, ones much better than Teavana in my opinion, ...and also Starbucks has bought Teavana so it's probably gonna change and grow soon.

i spend a lot of time at this tea website: http://steepster.com/discuss
    where maybe you will find some answers and be inspired to love tea too?
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I like Wild Orange Wulong Oolong Tea and toasted Nut Brulee as an after dinner substitute for dessert.
    I'm going to check out David''s because Teavana is expensive.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    A teavana just took over the tea shop in my local mall.

I'm a pretty big fan of their "super fruit" green tea.

I also buy a green tea by touch organic online. It's about $6.00 canadian for an 80g container and it's just an all around nice green tea.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    i am a tea addict!
    and David's Tea is my love. thier new spring collection comes out on wednesday and i've already placed a new order.

my current favorite teas from David's are Santa's Secret, Read My Lips, Super Ginger, and Glitter & Gold
    they have sample boxes you can order too if you aren't sure what you like and want to taste a variety.

YES, David's is sooo good! Really love their branding too, I'm a sucker for good branding. :blushing:
  • swiftjen77
    Options
    I drink plain green tea from a tea bag (Lipton, Salada, Tazo, etc). I have a Teavana here and I always laugh to myself when I pass it because I'm thinking "How much different can gourmet tea taste from grocery store tea if you're still drinking it plain?".

So, for you who like the gourmet stuff drinking it plain? Is it still way better than grocery store tea when nothing is added to it? I may stop in there sometime if you can convince me to try it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I love their Zingiber Ginger Coconut but I got a bit fed up with paying shipping, them being out of stock or going into the store and them constantly trying to up sell me on things I didn't want or measuring out way more than I ask for.

I recently found a local person who is trying to start a business selling teas and coffees to provide jobs for foster children with special needs. She ships free within Canada but I'm not sure about to the US. http://www.believebistro.com/

I'm drinking their Bourbon Street Vanilla right now and I love the Belgian Chocolate as well. Ginger Bounce is quite close to the Zingiber Ginger Coconut too.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't know how popular this store is, but we have 2 of them on long island (Roosevelt field mall and Smithhaven mall). I bought a 13.7 ounce canister of Queen of Babylon (a white tea) which is not bad. Has an herbal/orange flavor to it (I actually think it's got small dried out orange peel bits in it). I'm running low and looking to get more tea but try a different flavor / type. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm going back to Teavana to get a whole canister of their Chai Oolong tea. If you like cinnamon as much as I do, this tea is addictive! It's definitely my favorite so far.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Teavanna is lovely and all, but it smells more like perfume than tea. I've tried several varieties and did not particularly like any of them. Stick with the big English brands, like Lipton or Bigelow. Can't go wrong with a nice Earl Grey or English Breakfast, and my favorites are Green or Chai. <3
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options

There is also one at the waltwhitman mall here on Long Island too ;) I love anything from teavana
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with My Morning Mate from Teavana. It's a wonderful coffee replacement.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of fruity teas, however:

Pineapple Kona Pop mixed with Blueberry Bliss is good. Also strawberry Lemonade
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I drink their Youthberry tea---- it is DELICIOUS. Here's the description from the website:

"Youthful and fresh, this clean and crisp, pale pink, blushing tea is made from candied pineapple and mango pieces with Fuji and Golden Delicious apples added for spirit. 'Superfruits' red currant and acai berry create a youthful glow in this medley of smart, bright, refreshingly soft white tea.

Refreshing sweet pineapple and fruity acai berry infusion with subtle floral finish."

I can drink an entire pot of this stuff :)
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey im from LI too!!!! i love them Slimful Decandance Chocolate ( a great afternoon treat when you are craving). i also really Love a mix of the Samurai Chai Mate and the White Ayurvedic Chai..... it is a supercharged really flavorful tea!!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I drink plain green tea from a tea bag (Lipton, Salada, Tazo, etc). I have a Teavana here and I always laugh to myself when I pass it because I'm thinking "How much different can gourmet tea taste from grocery store tea if you're still drinking it plain?".

So, for you who like the gourmet stuff drinking it plain? Is it still way better than grocery store tea when nothing is added to it? I may stop in there sometime if you can convince me to try it.

Have you ever tried looseleaf tea (not in small packets, but rather you have to scoop the tea out and put it in a tea ball or other straining device)? If not, then YES, there's a huge difference in both the quality and taste of looseleaf teas such as Teavana. Usually the packaged grocery store teas are of a lesser quality because they take the small leftover bits and package them in the packets in the tea boxes you buy at the grocery store. The better quality whole pieces are usually packaged into looseleaf teas because you are paying more. I say try it!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love that tea!!! I have only bought it once and am almost out myself. I can't remember what I have. :( If I remember, I will check when I get home.
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I really like the superfruit unity. Teavana always has a flavor or two you can sample when you visit there store, so I always try to make note of which ones I like. Most of them are really good, but a few are too terrible to spend all that money on without trying it first.