Food for a lazy cook

Options
I need Ideas for fast and easy stuff to bring into work.
Give me your best recipes or combos. I don't care if it's weird of a duh no brainer like pbj, I'm having a mental block at the moment.

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    ok then...

1) peanut butter and jelly sammich.

BAM!

Emeril.jpg
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fresh veggies and salsa or vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit,
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Salad!

Tupperware full of veggies, a separate container withe chicken/steak/hard boiled egg/cheese, and another with a pre-measured amount of dressing. Mix at lunchtime and enjoy.

Also Progresso soups are pretty good, and easy to prepare . Pour out of can, microwave, and eat.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Frozen chicken breast and frozen veggies. Some times I add soya sauce or hoi sin or something for taste. My go to lazy dinner!
  • MileHighTexan
    MileHighTexan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here are two simple 'recipes'

1lb of ground turkey (as lean as you can buy!)
    1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
    1 bag boil in bag brown rice
    Your choice of seasonings

1lb of ground turkey
    1 can of kidney beans/black beans
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 bag boil in bag rice
    Your choice of seasonings
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Shakeology. Fast, easy and full of super foods, vitamins and minerals from all over the world.
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for me, I have a full size refrigerator and microwave at work. I keep a 32oz container of greek yogurt, a pint of berries & a box of granola/cereal for breakfast all week. I keep Trader Joe's "handful" of unsalted almonds & low sugar protein bars, bagged veggies, fruit (apples, oranges, etc) & string cheese for snacks. Lunch varies (so I don't get bored), but it is usually leftovers from dinner the night before, steamed veggies & soup, or I grab something from home.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. Fast, easy and full of super foods, vitamins and minerals from all over the world.

I prefer food that was at one time alive
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options
    You people get me! Thanks totally forgot about soup lmao and that turkey and veggies sounds like chili, another 'duh' idea. Great suggestions everyone!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hummus with pita bread, crackers, and/or baby carrots.

Cheese, crackers, and apples or pears.
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options

Then I encourage you to check into it before judging.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I bring peanut butter and an apple to work and I have pistachios in my drawer and oatmeal packets. I've also been know to have hard boiled eggs and 1/2 an avocado at my desk.

Also.. my co worker keeps bringing me those who-nu chocolate chip cookies.. lol they are good.. but dont' make them a habit. LOL

I eat a lot of leftover for lunch..

Also...Anything wrapped in a tortilla. LOL
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Options

Nah, not biting. You aren't the first shake-ologist I've encountered on this site. I've looked into it. I'd rather eat real food.
  • adriennejennifer
    Options
    Wholemeal Pita bread pocket filled with lettuce, grated carrot, bean sprouts, tomato or whatever.
    A LITTLE bit of fat - a dressing, a sprinkle of grated cheese or a tablespoon of cottage cheese or some avocado (not all of these, just one!) adds to the deliciousness and leaves me more satisfied, less likely to feel the need for something sweet and rich!
    If it all seems too boring I find pickle or a few capers really perks up the taste.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I know they're high in sodium, but I love the lean cuizene's to take to work, with maybe a side salad, or some fruit, or something. Also, I'm going to try to make a salad in a jar. A friend told me about them. You can look them up online, they seem pretty easy and convenient. :)))
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Nah, not biting. You aren't the first shake-ologist I've encountered on this site. I've looked into it. I'd rather eat real food.

Lovely answer. I shall buy thee a cookie. Healthy, of course. :flowerforyou:

There used to be rules about phishin' for customers on this site...oh wait. There still are.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like to also make my own sub sandwiches. You can get some low sodium deli meats, low fat cheeses, condiments of your choice, and whatever kind of bread you prefer. I actually do this whenever I go to theme parks so I don't have to spend a bunch of money on greasy foods that I may lose on rollercoasters, lol.
  • Zoeegirl
    Zoeegirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas :flowerforyou:
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Make a load of (preferably wholewheat) pasta on the weekend and then tupperware it - good to eat cold as a pasta salad or hot...

Some combinations I like:

- Pasta with peas, broccoli and lemon (Ina Garten's recipe is yumyumyum)
    - Pasta with tomatoes, feta and olives
    - Pasta with pesto and pinenuts
    - Pasta with tomato sauce and sardines