Alcohol and Lent

Options
So, for the sake of my weight loss, I gave up alcohol for Lent. So far it has been great! I've been losing 1-2 pounds a week. The only thing I am struggling with now, is going back to my emotional drinking. Today a good friend of mine died, and I would love to just drink the night away.

Don't we all get one of those nights?

Replies

• SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Today is not a normal day. Life is not constant and sometimes it throws something like this at you, sometimes you do need to have a few drinks and mourn a loss. The trick is not carrying on the next day.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Call a friend.

ETA: I'm sorry for your loss.
  • allydvorak
    allydvorak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steve, it sure is not a normal day- But I will definitely keep it to one day only.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You need to call someone and talk it out.

"Emotional drinking" while I think many of us do it, shouldn't be your fall-back in a really rough time. I lost a friend last year and it rocked me hard. I did drink a lot... but I tried to fill my life with people who care for me to make sure I didn't go too far trying to cope.

Also, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
  • vickieblair
    vickieblair Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I tried to give it up for Lent and did not last one day. After a binge on Saturday, I really am going to try to abstain. Again, hang in there. You are doing awesome. The fact that you posted instead of having a drink shows that you really dont' want to do it. Sorry for you loss as well. If you want to friend me, maybe we can help each other out some more!!!