which days should i weigh myself?

Options
When is the best day to weigh yourself during you're diet or "lifestyle " change every week? Every two weeks? Every night?
Is there a day that is more affective for you're tell your body it has lost or gained during my lifestyle change? When do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Most people do it the day after their rest day, right away in the morning. It gives your muscles time to lose water weight from working out and they think their bodies are lightest in the morning before breakfast.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the mornings after using the bathroom and before eating. I only log my weight once per week- usually Thursday or Friday. I don't weigh myself a few days before or during TOM because I retain water weight and lose it right after, so I know I haven't actually gained that weight.
  • zkss27
    zkss27 Posts: 62
    Options
    I usually do it once a week, in the morning, and on Monday's. The weekends are usually when I treat myself. So, I figure Monday's will be my worst weight. This way, I can actually see how much damage I am doing and know what my "worst" weight could be. I don't weight during TOM either though, and I always weight before breakfast and after using the bathroom.
  • karatekid900
    Options
    I weigh myself every week.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning is good for me .once a week but not when I got my friend it adds on more lbs lol
  • 1GeorgiaPeach
    Options
    I usually do it once a week, in the morning, and on Monday's. The weekends are usually when I treat myself. So, I figure Monday's will be my worst weight. This way, I can actually see how much damage I am doing and know what my "worst" weight could be. I don't weight during TOM either though, and I always weight before breakfast and after using the bathroom.

Yeah I never thought about that I treat myself on the weekends to great advice I will steal it :)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday mornings, first thing. Tuesday is a rest day, plus I like to be able to shed the weekend water weight and see a true change from week to week, since some weekends I just eat normally and some weekends I "cheat" a little (or whatever you want to call it). I sometimes weight more often than that, because I do like to see trends, but I only log on Wednesdays. I also do measurements every other Wednesday.
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm probably in the minority, but I weigh every day. I weigh in the morning, after using the restroom, before eating.
    LOL, if I don't like the result, I'll workout throughout the day and re-weigh.

Even as a guy, I see my weight fluctuate, sometimes by a pound or more. I know I didn't eat an extra 3500 calories the day before, so I don't get too shook up about it. I pay attention to my graph on fitbit (I weigh on an Aria,) and so far it is a nice downward line.

Mike
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    I've started to weigh myself every single day. I like to see the pattern and watch it go down. I can look back through the day and see maybe what could have made a difference in my weight, too much sodium...etc. The fluctuations don't bother me...I tend deal with it just fine and then when I see a new low and it stays there for awhile (like if I weigh myself and it's that same number for three days in a row) I will log my weight. It's worked so far.
  • 1GeorgiaPeach
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions and advice it helped me a lot :)
  • Tmoney19
    Tmoney19 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday mornings, first thing. Tuesday is a rest day, plus I like to be able to shed the weekend water weight and see a true change from week to week, since some weekends I just eat normally and some weekends I "cheat" a little (or whatever you want to call it). I sometimes weight more often than that, because I do like to see trends, but I only log on Wednesdays. I also do measurements every other Wednesday.

Same here!