WE'RE PREGNANT!

newlywedbeth
newlywedbeth Posts: 15
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
After 3 years of marriage, and 30 years of doctors telling me that children might not be in my future, we were thinking it was just the two of us forever. Suddenly, we find that we are having a little baby boy in October!! What a miracle! Now I have to really watch my nutrition and not worry about the weight as much. I've read that I need to add calories a little a month. I'm not sure what my goals should be, but I'm trying to add a LOT more calcium to the healthy stuff I have come to enjoy - thanks to MFP! I'll probably be needing to change my profile picture pretty soon!:happy:

Replies

• TickledPurple
    TickledPurple Posts: 33 Member
    Congratulations to you both!

If you're anything like me you'll find that your metabolism speeds up through pregnancy and you end up still losing weight :)

Just remember not to use pregnancy as an excuse to 'eat for two' and make sure you're getting all the nutrients your baby needs and you'll be fine. Good luck!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Conrgats.....
  • iwillweighlessoneday
    iwillweighlessoneday Posts: 30 Member
    oh congratulations!! Being pregnant is the best time!
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Congratulation!!
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Congratulations! So very, very happy for you both!!! Keep us posted on your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Congrats!! That's wonderful!! I've been told that I was too fat to have any kids, so I'm here to lose this weight and prove them wrong, I hope.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Congrats:) what a blessing!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    That is awesome! Congrats :):) I'm so happy for you. Enjoy this time :)

I always ended up weighting less after each pg when I left the hospital! I always said - 10 more kids I would be at my ideal weight hahahaha
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    How exciting, good luck!
  • That is so GREAT!!! The best feeling in the world. Every woman in the world should experience such a joyous occasion!! I'm SO happy for the both of you.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    congratulations!! About 300 calories a day is all you need to help with baby. Make sure you get enough of everything, but calcium is very important. Also folate has been shown to decrease the risks of certain birth defects. Best of luck and joy to you and your family
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Congradulation's!! My first MFP baby!! lol Looking forward to whatever you share with us!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Congrats!! What a blessing. Being pregnant and a parent is such a girt. Enjoy it and keep ups posted.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Congrats hunny!! Cant wait to see pictures :-)
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    CONGRATS!!! How exciting! God has blessed you and your husband and family for sure! Good luck to you!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    In my faith we say MAZEL TOV! What an incredible blessing! My son is 3 now and despite the terrible 3's ('cause the 2's were a cake walk comparatively) he is still the most fun I've ever had and the greatest thing I'll ever do.

I never wanted children, even as a little girl. I was pregnant when I was married the first time and without going into too much detail, the pregnancy had to be terminated and I was relieved. After cancer the first time I had several fertility tests and was told my eggs were not viable. When I met my current husband I even told him that if for some reason we did get pregnant he wasn't going to like what I'd want to do. And then, when I had the product of our love growing inside me something changed and now I cannot believe what I almost missed. I was 36 when he was born and my husband had two daughters from a previous marriage (now 18 and 23) and, again, I cannot believe what I almost missed. I'm glad I was a little older and wiser when he was born, no what if's.

I am so happy for you and your husband. It is a lovely journey, difficult at times but still the greatest thing that ever happened to me and an accomplishment that will be unsurpassed.

Mazel tov, congratulations, and all the blessings I can send.
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    thats awesome! congrats!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    How wonderful! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.