Protein Bar Recommendations?

Options

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    QUEST bars for sure!!!!

More natural than all the others, no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no sugar alcohols, low carb (3-6 net/non-fiber carbs per bar mostly from nuts), no soy protein, gluten free, and depending on what flavor range from 150-240 calories each.

Very tasty!!! My fav is Apple Pie, sooo yummy with 20g protein, 170 calories, 3g sugar, 18g fiber, and only 6 non fiber carbs.

I find these pretty easy where I live, at The Vitamin Shoppe, and other stores like that. Not at GNC yet.

GNC definitely carries them... I have been to several GNC locations and they've all had a variety of the Quest bars.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I picked up a box of Detour lower sugar protein bars at Costco last week. They're 170 calories each, 15g protein. And they're pretty tasty.

^^ THIS ^^ lowest cal I can find out there!!
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    QUEST bars for sure!!!!

More natural than all the others, no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no sugar alcohols, low carb (3-6 net/non-fiber carbs per bar mostly from nuts), no soy protein, gluten free, and depending on what flavor range from 150-240 calories each.

Very tasty!!! My fav is Apple Pie, sooo yummy with 20g protein, 170 calories, 3g sugar, 18g fiber, and only 6 non fiber carbs.

I find these pretty easy where I live, at The Vitamin Shoppe, and other stores like that. Not at GNC yet.

My GNC has them. I am a Gold Card member. Paid $20.10 for a box of 12
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Add me for the Quest bars too! So many other kinds have a ton of sugar in them so if that's something you are trying to be careful of than you might want to look. A lot of them taste good (Luna bars) but from a "good for you" perspective, I think Quest has it.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    :)
  • weightloser122
    Options
    powercrunch
  • Pace29
    Pace29 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Another one for Quest bars. Love the chocolate peanut butter flavor. also just recently tried new cookie dough and banana nut flavors and both are incredible!
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Sugar content is usually astronomical - make your own - Google Jamie Eason's protein bars.
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    I love Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax . A packet of 2 bars is 170 cal
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    QUEST bars for sure!!!!

GNC definitely carries them... I have been to several GNC locations and they've all had a variety of the Quest bars.

Oooh I'll have to check my GNC now for Quest bars, they must've just added them. :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Sounds like what you really want is protein powder. Any bar is going to pack on a significant amount of carb calories with the protein, by their very nature.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i like powerbar protein plus.

they recently reinvented it apparently though, it used to be 300 calories and 50 from fat, now its 210 caloires and 55 from fat.

it tastes a lot better though. most of the ones that taste decent have a lot of fat. i guess i perfer that over carbs right now.

the only thing i really don't like about them is all the artifical ingredients. if your looking for all natural, the cliff bar is the only one i know of.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like premiere protein b/c they have 30 g protein and I love quest bars with 20 g protein.
  • seawolf86
    seawolf86 Posts: 55
    Options
    I like Quest bars and Luna has a protein bar that is chocolate mint flavored that comes in at 170 calories!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I really, really like the LARA Bars.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    premier protein from costco
  • PJRoustan
    Options
    PERFECT FOODS BAR!!!

Gluten-free, Soy-free (excluding Carob Chip flavor), Non-GMO and over 20 organic whole food ingredients in every bar. They range from 18-10 grams of whole food protein depending on which of the 5 flavors you have. NO chemical preservatives, artificial ingredients or refined sugars-EVER!

They taste like cookie dough without the guilt and they were recently named among Runner's World Magazine's "10 Best Recovery Bars".

Do yourself a favor and check them out at www.perfectfoodsbar.com. You can order from them direct or use their store locator on their website to find a retail location near you. You won't be sorry!
  • dancinggypsy79
    dancinggypsy79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat the atkins ones they're not bad and only 110 calories