Needed a NSV today..

Options
Danam48
Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
The scale is driving me nuts! I have lost/gained the same 3 pounds for the last 2 months and I still have 40 pounds to go! (not looking for pity or advice, it's just the facts) So I decided to cheer myself up by digging out the new jeans I bought this weekend and comparing them to my favorite pants from last summer. I have gone from a 24 to a 14!!

8ee70d8a-8120-49ac-8883-5d8bba6e7b74_zps0c76add5.jpg

Replies

• khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a great reminder that there are multiple ways to measure success. Way to go! I just got off of a plateau where I was gaining and losing the same 4lbs...it's easy to get caught up on the numbers. So thanks for the reminder. Keep it up!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Very cool!! That's a great NSV!
  • Ange34
    Ange34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow - good for you - very motivational. Good luck on your journey.

:happy:
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Great thinking! And 10 sizes is huge! No pun intended. Or hardly at all, anyways.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great idea! That is the kind of thing I hope to be able to do in the future. By the way, what is a "NSV"?
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV, keep up the great work and you will achieve all your goals!
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Very impressive, not to mention I love your new jeans! Hang in there!!
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You've done an awesome job! Keep up the good work.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory
  • stacyanddaylon
    Options
    Thanks for showing me that there is hope for us all. Just started keeping up with calories yesterday and I am ashamed. Thanks for showing me that it is worth the effort to lay off the junk food.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    good job
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome!!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    There ya go! Well done.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What a great reminder of your progress! Rock on!

Doing this is worth the frustrations and fluctuations :smile:. You've done a fabulous job!
  • Danam48
    Options
    Thanks for showing me that there is hope for us all. Just started keeping up with calories yesterday and I am ashamed. Thanks for showing me that it is worth the effort to lay off the junk food.

Totally worth it! I feel like I have a new life. Lose the shame, it will only hold you back. Love yourself as you are today and it will allow you to do the right things for you. Good luck on your journey. Use this tool religiously.. it works!!
  • Danam48
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words all, I posted this mostly to show others who are annoyed with the scale that there are other ways to perk yourself up when you are feeling like progress on the scale is slow! My other way to motivate myself is take the measuring tape out too! Good luck to you all on this journey..keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!