Anyone 50+

Options
2»

Replies

• shelbygt350h
    Options
    Hi...I will be 54 in June...also have back and neck injuries plus thyroid problems...so I understand how difficult it can be to lose weight. It looks like your body may have a sugar addiction !! All you have to do is stop eating foods with sugar in them (usually 4 days is the hard part) and your cravings will stop & you will be losing weight consistently. I can lose with my daily calories ranging between 500-800. I maintain on 800-1500. I am going to the gym and building more muscle, which in turn will allow me to eat more down the road and hopefully help out a little more with my chronic pain !! I eat large quantities of food to satisfy me...but the food items I choose are very low cal & lean protein. When I get Hungary I will fill up on lemon water or I mix Silk Unsweetened Almond milk or So unsweetened Coconut Milk with water (usually 1/4c. then fill with water). If you like mushrooms, onions, garlic cloves (they come all peeled in plastic jars), fresh boiled beets, kale, and beet greens, this is a very satisfying large plate dinner !! Just add 4oz. of ground chicken, or ground turkey...and you will lose wt !! I also use coconut spray instead of the heavy oils, which are also high calorie ! (I do use a tsp. of Wegmans Basting Oil @ times though ! From three years ago till now...I've kept off about 50lbs....the last 1 1/2 years I gained 15 back, and decided there was no way I was going to gain it back !! So I was able to lose the 15lb. in 6 weeks ! It can be done...NO SUGARS...NO ADDED SALT !! You have to set your mind to it...and get your house prepared ! GOOD LUCK !!
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 53. I'm doing very low carb, 20 or less. Anyone can add me, and my dairy is open...although I've only been doing it for two days. . I'd love to have some new friends.
  • Anthea1948
    Options
    Hi. I'm well over fifty - 65 to be exact. My daughter uses MFP so I thought I'd give it a go. I have systemic rheumatoid disease plus various other health issues and exercise is a no-no for me, I'm afraid, which means my daily calorie intake is down to 1200. I've got a sweet tooth, so it's going to be hard keeping to that, but I'll give it a go.
    Anthea
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes you may friend me. I am 51 and just started two weeks. Looking for a friend to help me along the way. Good luck, Maryann
  • Karen2358
    Karen2358 Posts: 20
    Options
    54 here and working with a low glycemic plan - thyroid issues, fibromyalgia, and back problems make it that much harder, but I know this can be done. Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend - for me, accountability is my biggest weight loss tool here on MFP!
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    55, and have some health issues as well. But so far so good.
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm going back through the thread to add 50 + folks. Birds of a feather... You know what I mean?
  • slim4life9112013
    Options
    I'm over 50 but holding onto 29 till the end; newbie and always looking for support; feel free to add me:smile:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am 60 and here every day to give and receive support. Anyone can add me if you eat at least 1200 calories per day, exercise and have an open food diary.Good luck!
  • kaseynaves
    kaseynaves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    over fifty, some same issues, in a fitness challenge, learning my way around site makin friends,
    from florida need to lose 200pds
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me!
  • SunRiseBiker
    SunRiseBiker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Mary Anne, 50+, and need to lose 50+! I like to encourage others, and enjoy chatting with other people pursuing better health. I live in Massachusetts with my family and many pets. Please add me!
  • Aquarius2
    Aquarius2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all the 50+ers:laugh:

I am from NSW Australia so I think in kilos not pounds my starting weight was 92.2 kilos and my current weight is 73 kilos
    I have problems with arthritis pain in my feet knees and elbows.
    So I tend not to exercise very much
    I have now been able to add a little Pilates and Tai Chi to my routine
    I have my next weigh in tomorrow so I'll be back to report my progress

Keep up the good work everyone
    From Oz
  • heathercorman
    heathercorman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi;
    I'm 54 and feel 154. Have to lose 100lbs. Returned to MFP 1 week ago and very motivated. Really happy to talk to people who have a lot in common and can encourage and motivate and maybe have a few laughs at myself along the way. Just reading everyone's post to be motivated to face tomorrow. One day at a time,
    thanks
    Heather
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am 52 and pursuing overall wellness and have been apart of MFP for the past several weeks
  • Skoozee
    Skoozee Posts: 2
    Options
    I love that!
    I'm new and just 50!
    Would love to be friends for mutual support and encouragement!
  • Skoozee
    Skoozee Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel that same way. Mind if I add you also?
    Need some encouragement and support and will give both, enthusiastically, in return!
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54. New to MFP, but not to this healthy lifestyle journey. I've lost 41 pounds so far doing WW's. Decided to add MFP,as I am getting closer to goal. Feel free to add me.

I love to hike, and this new healthier me is going farther and faster, happy, happy, happy!