Lost 18 lbs since I started 3 weeks ago!

Options
My weight loss journey has been a long one. I am 24 years old and I have tried every diet imaginable and my weight fluctuates like crazy. I lost the most weight about 2 years ago on a crash diet which involved drinking shakes and taking appetite suppressants ( as prescribed by a doctor). I managed to get down to 140 lbs ( a size 6 ) from 204 lbs ( size 12 ) but I was not exercising, so i wasn't toned at all, and as soon as I started eating real food again, my weight went right back up again.

I was devastated this past april when I went in for my annual doctors visit and I had peaked at 213 lbs! I decided that it was time to change. I joined a gym and started seeing a personal trainer once a week. On May 12th, I was playing around with my iphone and found the myfitnesspal ap. I was happy that it was free so I decided to give it a shot.

The best part about using this site is that it really makes you pay attention to what you are eating! Before, I thought I was eating healthy and I really wasn't! I had no idea that things like 1 small flour tortilla had around 120 calories!

I started tracking my calories a little over 4 weeks ago and I am down a total of 21 lbs!

4/25- Starting weight- 213 lbs
5/12- First Tracking day- 210 lbs
5/19- Weigh in after 1st week- 205 lbs
5/26- Weigh in after 2nd week- 199 lbs
6/2- Weigh in after 3rd week - 192 lbs

This website/ iphone ap has really made me accountable for what I am putting into my body. I am now responsible for my own weight loss. The best part is, If i want something fatty or sweet or fried, I can have it. I just have to make sure I have a smaller portion and that I make up for it b eating better the rest of the day as to not go over my daily calorie intake.

Good Luck everyone! I am confident that we are all in the right place, and that we will all continue to reach our goals!

Replies

• FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic--I'll be happy to lose 21 lbs, even if it takes twice as long! Congratulations! Keep up the great work, and glad to hear how great you feel!

Feel free to friend me, if you like. I'm just starting my life change, but am very excited to do so!
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic--I'll be happy to lose 21 lbs, even if it takes twice as long! Congratulations! Keep up the great work, and glad to hear how great you feel!

Feel free to friend me, if you like. I'm just starting my life change, but am very excited to do so!
  • jbogo1
    jbogo1 Posts: 28
    Options
    You can do it! Thanks for the support!
  • JoJo_69
    JoJo_69 Posts: 47
    Options
    Fantastic weight loss, keep it up !
    Mine is very slow at the moment, 9lbs loss on week 5 but I am still thankful of that 9lbs loss.............I still have a way to go but I determined.
    Keep up the good work ♥
  • surfbabe
    surfbabe Posts: 79
    Options
    YAY! Congrats girlie! Keep up the fabulous work. I found MFP through my husbands iphone and you're right; it does make you accountable. I love this site and app! I've lost 9 pounds in under a month just by correcting my diet and exercising. But I wouldn't have been able to track everything without MFP. I love MFP!!!
  • freehold1979
    Options
    Way to go on your loss. I so agree that this site really gives you an insight on what you are consuming. I always thought I didnt eat that much but when you look the size portions and calories it really puts things in perspective.
    Keep up the awesome work!!!:flowerforyou:
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A HUGE congrats. Great to see that you are losing and you're doing it in a healthy way! Keep going! :o)
  • TickledPurple
    TickledPurple Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I wish there was a similar app for my blackberry!
  • scg72
    scg72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many calories a week did you follow
    What exercises did you do and got how long
    I'm determined to lose but time and now late long working hours are getting in the way
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!