Can't seem to get started.

Options
I used MFP last year and lost a good 20 lbs...stopped...gained it all back and have been trying to get back into it again, but depression is kicking in because of my weight, how I look and how I feel. I just need to find that motivation to get started again--I think I really really need some buddies.

I feel the worst I ever have in my life because of my weight.

Replies

• ABrooks0205
    ABrooks0205 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to where you are. I felt that exact way, with basically the same back story. I lost about 40 pounds using MFP back in 2009, but by Jan of this year, I had not only gained the 40 back, but also found another 6 pounds and was at my highest weight ever. I didn't want to get dressed, didn't want to leave the house, didn't want to look at myself in the mirror. BUT, I have two small boys and had no choice. I chose to put my fist in the air and tell myself that I can do it. I've been fairly faithful since January 7th, and on Saturday nights I eat whatever, and I do mean WHATEVER I want :) I've lost about 13 pounds, but am at somewhat of a plateau now. Hoping to get moving again this week. Good luck to you - I know that you can do it, because quite frankly, if I can do it, trust me what I tell you that you can, too! Believe in yourself and make today your day!:smile:
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I feel the worst I ever have in my life because of my weight.
    This ^^^ should be your motivation to make it the most important thing in your life. You need to want it more than anything - buddies help, but ultimately it's up to you to do the work and get it done. You can do it!!! Feel free to friend me if you want. Best of luck in your endeavors.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I posted on my fridge the saying, "A year from now you'll wish you had started today." That gave me a kick in the pants because it's exactly what I felt so many times as the years rolled on. I told myself, "Never again." Good luck to you and get started...you're worth it NOW.
  • annaldora
    annaldora Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I posted on my fridge the saying, "A year from now you'll wish you had started today." That gave me a kick in the pants because it's exactly what I felt so many times as the years rolled on. I told myself, "Never again." Good luck to you and get started...you're worth it NOW.

I like this........thank you for sharing that!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    This is not a diet. If you treat it as such, you will always fail. This is a lifestyle change - forever. Eat clean, avoid processed foods and all sodas, get moving, and drink lots of water. Log everything. No one said it would be easy. Like a earlier poster said....A year from now you'll wish you had started today.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Focus on loving yourself NOW. Feeling better about yourself will help motivate you because if you love yourself, you'll want to keep doing more for yourself. Weight is something within your control (At least to an extent), why put yourself down about it? If you can love yourself at your current weight, you'll love yourself even more at a smaller one. All the tips in the world won't help if you don't focus on that :)
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. I will give my support and motivation and try to inspire you to do more daily. But you will have to help me, be a part of this journey by eating right, and if you can exercise and please post. The kick in the pants I needed was seeing a picture of myself at my heaviest and I never want to look that way again. Now I'm on a journey to be the best I can achieve. Join me. You can do this, and it's more fun with friends. Good luck on your amazing journey!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Starting is the unimportant part. it's just the moment when you turn around and wave bye to the clinging excuse making lazy you that you used to be.

You know what is important? Meeting workout #3, #5, #10, #15, #20.... Looking back and saying, I owned the whole month. Hitting your three month anniversary in a program.... realizing that you dont need motivation or a good start - you need self discipline to build momentum and then nothing can stop you and youre on your way!!

Who cares about day one? that just when all your numbers are their smallest ever.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I think most of us can relate to that feeling. I know I can. There is no time like the present - I love the staying that "A year from now you will wish you had started today" - and as others have stated, it's a lifestyle change. You can do this! We all can when we support and help each other!
  • JulieDive
    JulieDive Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I forgot where I originally found it, but I have that exact same quote posted to remind me
  • JulieDive
    JulieDive Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Keep the goals small and celebrate your achievements
  • CristinaE721
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I got what I needed--so glad I posted today!
  • annaldora
    Options
    I just printed out that saying "A year from now you'll wish you had started today", and am putting it on my fridge for me and my daughter....
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options
    I just printed out that saying "A year from now you'll wish you had started today", and am putting it on my fridge for me and my daughter....

...then do something today right afterwards....
  • annaldora
    Options

...then do something today right afterwards....

I am, counting my points/calories, and drinking my water....one meal at a time......thank you
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options
    that's watching things, not doing things.

gotta balance it out with an action verb.

A year from now, you'll wish you had.