Completed my first 5K!!!

Options
I did it guys I completed my first 5k big shout out to Shaun T's Insanity for helping to build my endurance I have never been a long distant runner more like 4x4 relay's and 100yd dash is all I have ever done til today. I have been working on the C25K running program I made it up to week 4 day 1 before the race today.Now I have done something I thought I would never be able to do I have prove to myself whatever you want in life you can have it's just up to you and how bad do you want it!!! Next time I am going to work on my time because I had a slow steady pace this time but I never stopped and walked so I am proud of that!!

I am so happy that I found this sight it has been a great help with all the support I have received and a great guide to taking my life back!!

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    That's Awesome!!! You go with your bad self!!
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I did it guys I completed my first 5k big shout out to Shaun T's Insanity for helping to build my endurance I have never been a long distant runner more like 4x4 relay's and 100yd dash is all I have ever done til today. I have been working on the C25K running program I made it up to week 4 day 1 before the race today.Now I have done something I thought I would never be able to do I have prove to myself whatever you want in life you can have it's just up to you and how bad do you want it!!! Next time I am going to work on my time because I had a slow steady pace this time but I never stopped and walked so I am proud of that!!

I am so happy that I found this sight it has been a great help with all the support I have received and a great guide to taking my life back!!

That is awesome!! Congrats! I did my first 10k last month and it was the best feeling in the world. I'm doing a 5k at the end of this month just for the fun of it. Once you start, you really can't stop :happy: .
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I haven't done any long distance running since I got out of the military.
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Quite a few years back I did the same thing. Lived near a bay area where there were regular 5K competitions, so I decided to try one a month and try to improve my time with each one. I was never concerned with winning the race, just improving my own time. I think after about 6 or 8 of them I had a difference of 12 min/mi to my best time which was 7:50/mi.

So I am soooooo happy for you and encouraged by you to keep on track! Great job!!!:happy: :happy:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

That is awesome!! Congrats! I did my first 10k last month and it was the best feeling in the world. I'm doing a 5k at the end of this month just for the fun of it. Once you start, you really can't stop :happy: .

Congrats on your 10K maybe I will one day!!!! Keep up the awesome job I definately see me doing it again and again!!
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I noticed your goals are/have been similar to mine--friend me if you like, and we can keep cheering each other to our goals.

Take care!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks everyone it is definately a great feeling!!! If anyone would have asked me 3mnths ago I would have replied I don't do running!!:laugh:
  • sheilagr31
    Options
    I did a 5k today too in 40 min. Goal, work on 30 mins and start training for 10k! Keep up the good work!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    Congrats! You must be so proud!!:bigsmile:
    I did my first half marathon last weekend, so I know how you are feelin right now.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My friend just did her second 5k and beat the time from her first by 4 minutes. It'll keep on getting better and easier.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oh ! What a great accomplishment!!!!!!!:smile:
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yay! I did my first one back in March and I was so, so proud! I even ran up the crazy hill at the end! My finish time was 31:44 or something like that.

Good for you!
  • DanielMiller
    Options
    Congrats. I did a 5k today and am on tap for a five mile tonight. Benefits go for cancer. I only hope to do as well as you and finish without stopping too. Great Job!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I did a 5k today too in 40 min. Goal, work on 30 mins and start training for 10k! Keep up the good work!
    :flowerforyou:

Congrats to you as well I finished in 40:44 and the next time I am looking to finish in a much lesser time as well!!! Here's to us:flowerforyou:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Yay! I did my first one back in March and I was so, so proud! I even ran up the crazy hill at the end! My finish time was 31:44 or something like that.

Good for you!

Awesome job and time hoping to be closer to that my next time out!!! I know it was a wonderful moment for you, as I felt on top of the world today!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks everyone today marks one of the proudest days in my life!!!
  • Elizabeth_King21
    Elizabeth_King21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! That is a huge feat. Way to go. You are inspiring!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!