Question for the weight watchers people...

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I just joined WW and was wondering...Do they take your TDEE into account when giving you a daily amount of points? I eat all of my points each day but feel like I'm starving at the end of the day! It just seems like MFP gives me more calories than WW does. I hope this question makes sense! I know WW is a very successful program but I just want to make sure I'm taking in enough calories as to not go into "starvation mode."

Any advice would be great. Thanks so much!

Replies

• gymboreejunkie
    gymboreejunkie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know it might be a little bit of a pain, but I would log everything you're eating on WW in on MFP to see how many calories you're actually consuming. Not to mention if you're having too much sugar from fruit which were zero points the last time I was on WW.

I often wondered if I was getting enough calories. Since you can eat back exercise calories, I don't think they take that into account.

Again, I might be giving you answers based on an old version of WW.

Hope that helps.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I just joined WW and was wondering...Do they take your TDEE into account when giving you a daily amount of points? I eat all of my points each day but feel like I'm starving at the end of the day! It just seems like MFP gives me more calories than WW does. I hope this question makes sense! I know WW is a very successful program but I just want to make sure I'm taking in enough calories as to not go into "starvation mode."

It's because WW under cuts calories by a lot. I believe their base plan is around 1000k and they hope that by eating enough fruit and veggies will put you in a normal range. Also, you could be starving based on the types of foods you eat. Eating higher protein and fats will improve satiety and keep you full.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

It's because WW under cuts calories by a lot. I believe their base plan is around 1000k and they hope that by eating enough fruit and veggies will put you in a normal range. Also, you could be starving based on the types of foods you eat. Eating higher protein and fats will improve satiety and keep you full.

Thank you. I eat tons of veggies but only 1 serving of fruit per day because of all the sugar. Thanks again!