ShRiMp ReCiPeS

Options
I need some!

Replies

• mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My two favorite things to do with shrimp are both really easy and really good.

1. Take sugar snap peas, start to cook with a bit of butter or dry white wine in a pan. Add raw shrimp and garlic. Cook until done. eat.

2. Make shrimp ceviche. Cut up tomatoes, cucumbers (some countries don't use, but I like them in there), onion, jalapeno, shrimp, cover in lime juice. Done. Eat.
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    Thanks! Those both sound DELICIOUS!
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Making this tonight:

2 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
    1 t. olive oil
    small red onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic
    sweet red pepper, sliced thin
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can light coconut milk
    shredded fresh basil or cilantro
    1/2 cup crumbled feta

Heat olive oil in large skillet on med-high, add onion and soften, add garlic and red pepper slices, sautee until garlic begins to get fragrant. Add shrimp and toss until they are halfway cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and coconut milk and cover for 5 minutes. This should be enough time to heat tomatoes and coconut milk thru, and finish cooking the shrimp. Serve over rice or grated cauliflower, top with shredded basil or cilantro and feta.
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    ommmgggg!! ME TOO!!
  • ralandon89
    ralandon89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I made this using shrimp and chicken the other night! Served with a side of veggie! Could probably also serve with rice or cus cus (spelling? lol)

Ingredients
    •3 tablespoons soy sauce
    •2 tablespoons honey
    •1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    •juice of one lime
    •2 garlic cloves, minced
    •1-2 teaspoon Siracha
    •red pepper flakes, to taste
    •2 tablespoon cilantro
    •1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Instructions
    1.In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, through the cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
    2.Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
    3.Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
  • mkatkar
    mkatkar Posts: 24
    Options
    bump :)
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    I made this using shrimp and chicken the other night! Served with a side of veggie! Could probably also serve with rice or cus cus (spelling? lol)

Ingredients
    •3 tablespoons soy sauce
    •2 tablespoons honey
    •1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    •juice of one lime
    •2 garlic cloves, minced
    •1-2 teaspoon Siracha
    •red pepper flakes, to taste
    •2 tablespoon cilantro
    •1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Instructions
    1.In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, through the cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
    2.Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
    3.Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.

SOUNDS FANTASTIC!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Real simple - Marinate in a little teriaki sauce for 1 hour. Stick them on skewers and throw on the grill. Delish. And, as long as I'm grilling, I throw some zucchini on there too!
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Prawn with Pepper

Take those shrimp. Throw them in a bowl of protein powder and melted butter. Deep fry those prawns until crispy.

Take 2 large peppers (one red and one green), and coat them in honey, Fry them in a pan until the honey becomes transparent.

Mix together with fresh greens and enjoy!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    SCAMPI!!
    Saute some garlic in olive oil, add the shrimp and cook until just pink, deglaze with dry white wine and bring to a boil, letting shrimp cook to a "C" shape ("O" is overcooked). Sprinkle with black pepper, parsley and lemon juice. Eat as is, or over some pasta.

My other favorite is to wrap large shrimp in a half piece of bacon, skewer and grill, broil, or pan fry until bacon is crisp and shrimp is pink.
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been cooking this a lot as my husband loves it (he's definitely NOT into clean eating normally)

Ingredients:
    400g shrimps (or prawn meat) - fresh (or thawed if frozen)
    1 can garbanzo beans - rinsed
    juice and rind of half lemon
    1 Tbs olive oil
    parsley
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp chilli flakes
    salt and pepper

Method:
    - preheat oven to 450 degrees
    - in a baking sheet mix garbanzo beans with 1/2 Tbs of oil and a bit of salt. Mix well and spread in a single layer
    - bake for 20 minutes
    - in the meanwhile in a bowl mix shrimps, remaining 1/2 Tbs of oil, juice and rind of lemon, salt, garlic, chilli and pepper and leave to marinate
    - when the beans are done take out the baking pan, and pour shrimps and their marinade on top of the beans and top with a bit of parsley
    - bake for another 5-8 minutes

Serves: 3
  • dserious111
    dserious111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Real simple - Marinate in a little teriaki sauce for 1 hour. Stick them on skewers and throw on the grill. Delish. And, as long as I'm grilling, I throw some zucchini on there too!

Might have to do this
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump for yummy recipes