Pre-Wedding weight loss

Options
Hello, I am trying to lose 10 pounds for my wedding which is in 7 weeks. I need a lot of motivation to control my eating habits as with stress food is always the stress reliever. I am trying to eat healthy and at times am successful but once i get the crave to eat something not so healthy, I am back in the gutter. Also, does anyone have good ideas on good recipes for snacks and dinners?

Thanks!!

Replies

• edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your wedding! Carrots or celery are the best snacks...they burn more calories to digest then they give you! Good luck!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Well I would say that that is very doable! I wish you luck and congrats on your upcoming marriage!!! :drinker:
  • forjorja
    forjorja Posts: 1
    Options
    Since I've joined on here, I've found that entering all my food the day before or the morning of has been a great reminder of what I'm doing and why. When you enter all your food, plan to be under your calorie limit and hit that submit button, that potential weight they give you is a big motivator for me. You can also plan your snacks and treats in so it isn't a splurge but a planned enjoyment. Also, I've training for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure, so I'm walking several miles every other day and it has really helped my weight loss. Since tracking my calories on here 10 days ago, I've lost 4.5 pounds with my walking. I've found that just walking doesn't make me much more hungry but I still burned those calories. Oh, and drink 3 liters of a water a day. I know it sounds crazy, but whenevr your starting to feel like you need a snack that isn't planned, drink some of that 3 liters. I've heard that sometime hunger nudges are really your body asking for more water.
  • punkrockpickles
    punkrockpickles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am also losing weight for my wedding. Mine is 11/11/11 which gives me plenty of time to lose the 65 pounds I am aiming for - good luck and congrats!
  • sabeen05
    sabeen05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions and motivations!!

@edinbors - thanks for the carrot and celery suggestion. I am going to add those to my list for grocery shopping:-)
    @families_r_forever - i think so too, I just need to stay on track and stick with my calorie allowance and keep myself physically active. Thanks!
    @forjorja - that is a really good idea! That way I do not have to stress out about what i need to eat if i already have it logged, and will know already what i need to do to lose the weight. I am not a water drinker but lately i have felt dehydrated so I have been trying to drink more water. I will aim for the 3 liters of water a day to help with the hunger, thanks!
    @punkrockpickles- good luck to you as well and thanks!
  • donsch
    donsch Posts: 40
    Options
    I was not a water drinker either. I bought a 1 liter bottle and just refilled it three times a day. (yes, I know it is not good to do that but I was the only one drinking out of it and I bleached it frequently!!) I think I used that same bottle for about a month. It really helped me to know how much I was drinking. Three liters seemed a bit daunting but by using a liter bottle it seemd a bit more do-able.
    You can do it!!
    There is a site on-line that gives ideas for making your own flavored water, lemon juice, mint, cucumber and several other ideas. You might google it and see what you can come up with. When one is trying to establish new habits, new twists sometimes are just what a person needs.
    good luck to you!