Hibachi Grill Tonight

Options
Hey All,
Tonight I have dinner plans to eat at the Hibachi Grill. How do you all determine how much is 5oz is of vegetables?
It always seems like they give you huge portions, and I don't want to assume what they give me is actually going to
be 5oz, or close to it. Thanks For Your help. :-) I'm awful at determining portion sizes outside of my own kitchen!
-Christina

Replies

• jessca
    jessca Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd be interested to know this too! My doctor recently told me a serving of vegetables is what you can fit in 2 hands, serving of carbs is the size of a fist, and a serving of meat is the size of a deck of cards. I do think you'd probably be able to fit more than 5oz of veggies into 2 hands though, so that's probably not much help, LOL.
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    its hard-

the best i can advise you is that 8 oz is a cup, which is about the size of a fist or softball. so try to estimate just over half of a softball
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Options
    okay! I will keep the fist/softaball size in mind for sure! thanks jessca for sharing what your doctor said as well. that's great info!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Enjoy your time!! I hear it's a great place. My friend was saving up money to take her hubby there for Father's Day :)