Kettle bell help please :)

Options
I am fairly new to mfp and a little clueless,
Please can some one tell me what kettlebells comes under in the exercise log as I cant find it and would like to log it as the nearest thing. Thank you.
Debs

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    cicruit training
  • Deb_kar
    Deb_kar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • selenametts
    selenametts Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used circuit training as well until I got a HRM (heart rate monitor). Just to let you know, the burn my HRM showed was much lower than MFP circuit training.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I used circuit training as well until I got a HRM (heart rate monitor). Just to let you know, the burn my HRM showed was much lower than MFP circuit training.

I don't log it under circuit training. I haven't logged it at all, but I just write in that I worked out with kettlebells. You can create your own exercise and log calories burned from HRM. Also, the calories burned will depend on person, weight of kettlebells, and how long the exercise was perfomed.
  • MzDfy
    MzDfy Posts: 14
    Options
    Good to know, just bought my first one yesterday! :)
  • selenametts
    Options

I don't log it under circuit training. I haven't logged it at all, but I just write in that I worked out with kettlebells. You can create your own exercise and log calories burned from HRM. Also, the calories burned will depend on person, weight of kettlebells, and how long the exercise was perfomed.

exactly :) was also going to say on low cardio kettlebell routines the HRM will show a lower than actual burn as well since it can't take into account weight resistance. I got interrupted by the kids :) i always play it safe and try to only eat back what the HRM says I burned. unless i'm still hungry that is!
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This is off topic . . . but why are those things so darn expensive?!? I'd like to use them but $50 for a 20 lb kettle bell just seems wrong. haha

I'm sticking to my dumbells for now :)
  • cmkme
    cmkme Posts: 11
    Options
    Be careful with that kettlebell, especially if you are working out at home with a DVD or something like that. I did a Denise Austin kettle bell workout for a couple of months and wound up with a herniated disc in my neck. I had to trade my workout time to traction machine time. Not fun.
  • selenametts
    Options
    Be careful with that kettlebell, especially if you are working out at home with a DVD or something like that. I did a Denise Austin kettle bell workout for a couple of months and wound up with a herniated disc in my neck. I had to trade my workout time to traction machine time. Not fun.

I definitely suggest proper training before use :) You will get a better workout if your form is correct and you won't injure yourself.