"Unrecognizable" NSV

Options
I work in a small insurance agency. Today one of my lovely older customers came in (haven't seen him for a few months) and walked straight past me (as I was on the phone) to my office manager at the back of the office.

He sat down and asked where "the other girl" was. She thought he meant an absent colleague and he shook his head and pointed at my desk and said, "the one who used to sit there - Jeannette". My office manager pointed at me and said, "Jeannette's right there". I then heard him say, "Has she lost a lot of weight? I didn't recognize her!" He thought I was a new employee :bigsmile:

Replies

• Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! I bet you felt great :) That's so awesome
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome NSV :)
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    awesome~~~~LOVE these NSV's!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV, congrats!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    awesome~~~~LOVE these NSV's!

Can I just say, I'm in awe of your amazing weight loss!
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    Awwww love this
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Best feeling EVER!!!!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than this, and it happened to me today too!!

One of my client's I haven't seen since Christmas came in and complimented me to no end! Felt great!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Isn't it bizarre when this happens?!?! I called the accountant (who I only see once a year but have known for 20 years) and told him I was on my way over with some paperwork. When I got there I got the "Can I help you miss?". I handed him my stuff and his eyes bugged out of his head when he realized it was me. So akward!!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good for you :wink:
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!: flowerforyou:
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!!
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    RIGHT ON What a great story!
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!!
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant, bet you felt so pleased! :)

I have a similar story. A few nights ago, I went into the shop where my own cousin works. She looked at me, turned around and did a double take, before saying "God, you can tell you've lost weight! I didn't recognise you!". The funny thing is, WE LIVE TOGETHER!!! :laugh:
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    I work in a small insurance agency. Today one of my lovely older customers came in (haven't seen him for a few months) and walked straight past me (as I was on the phone) to my office manager at the back of the office.

He sat down and asked where "the other girl" was. She thought he meant an absent colleague and he shook his head and pointed at my desk and said, "the one who used to sit there - Jeannette". My office manager pointed at me and said, "Jeannette's right there". I then heard him say, "Has she lost a lot of weight? I didn't recognize her!" He thought I was a new employee :bigsmile:

Thats great!
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Congrats! Feels good!
  • UseItForFuel
    UseItForFuel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That brought a smile to my face. That is utterly fantastic!
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've had people see me...look at my kids, and then it hits them..."WOW". Not being recognized is definately my favorite compliment! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!