I am such a dork...

Options
My husband decided to treat me to a new outfit today to celebrate my hard work and he told me to pick any store I wanted. I decided to go to a Rue21 which is a small clothing store with more trendy choices. We went to the store started looking around and my husband pulled me to the jeans wall. He looked at me and said hey you can but jeans here now and they even have sizes bigger than you. I looked up and started crying:blushing: . The last time we went to that store the biggest size they had was a 14 and I was in a 16 and so depressed that I was "too big" for that store.. Today I walked out of the store with size 7/8:drinker: . I know I am a dork!

I know if I can do it anyone I can! Just stick with it and never give up!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Thats great! I can't wait to do that!
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    Congrats thats so awesome!!!

That's one of the things I'm looking forward to most, shopping with friends and family has always been kinda depressing since I can't wear anything in the stores they shop in (and we don't often go in stores that carried my size because no one else needed to go there) I can't wait until shopping is fun again :)
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    You have the right attitude...way to go!!!

B
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You are not a dork! That's really great!! .....and thanks for the little pep talk, my demons are calling to me today.
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    Hurray for you, you worked hard and you are now rewarded. Shedding extra pounds and dropping dress size is very hard, you have accomplished a lot!
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    I can not wait to have that moment!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wow! 122 lbs is just amazing. I admire your dedication and hard work! Congratulations. Your pictures look great! :flowerforyou:
  • BamaRose0107
    BamaRose0107 Posts: 635
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful comments! I hope you all find success on your journey as well!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I can't wait until I get to buy new clothes in smaller sizes.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Awwww... very sweet. You've done a fantastic job & deserve wonderfulness!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic, I can't wait till I can do that!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Ohh...you are not a dork !!! I would do the same i am sure..I hadn't shopped in a normal size store in about 15 years...I am sure the 1st time i go into a normal size store (or section) i will be in tears.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!