In 5 weeks you'd weigh....

Options

Replies

• juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you can sorta turn it off if you go into settings and turn off "show complete this entry feature" :-)
  • leah_lovex3
    Options
    I just did mine and it says 18lbs in 5weeks. So i'm going to eat the same exact thing everyday for 5 wks and exercise the same way, I'll let Ta know my progress in wks
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Probably someone already said this but I'm not reading all four pages of comments- you don't have to click that button. It doesn't actually do anything EXCEPT generate that message- so why click on it if you hate the message?
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    same here i hate that because then when i dont even come close to it i get really disappointed :(
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I like it. It has actually been pretty accurate for me. I write them down on my calendar every once in a while just to see how right or wrong it was and inevitably it's close,

Ditto
  • irvingaescobar
    Options
    For the most part it's been pretty accurate for me. It's all about managing those macros.
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Same for me I can't figure out how to start shedding.
  • Beastx10
    Beastx10 Posts: 97
    Options
    I hate that when I complete my diary it always tells me "In 5 weeks you'd weigh 183.4" or "In 5 weeks you'd weigh 179 pounds" and yet every week at weigh in, I weigh the same!!!!!

Then you're doing something wrong.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have to laugh at it......it recently told me I will be 160.3lbs in 5 weeks....we shall see if in 5 weeks I weigh that.
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If only....I'll admit the idea of the 5 week number makes smile, but there are so many things off with the calculation. That number assumes that a person only has fat to lose. If you are exercising you're going to gain muscle, which means your number on the scale will increase. You will lose inches which is more important than what the number on the scale says. A girl can dream though right??
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    inches would be a lot harder for it to measure though...even the number it gives you is just a calculation :)
  • monajkm21
    monajkm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! I am so surprised that so many people find it so annoying. I think of it as a huge motivation...it keeps me from eating whatever I want.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Can I get it in writing, MFP?

It's not my favorite feature since I find it wildly inaccurate, but it's easy enough to ignore.
  • albers08
    albers08 Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree totally! Everyday it's a different amount of what I would weigh! And yet I have only lost 3 pounds in over 6 weeks. Ugh!! It is depressing. I don't know why I even keep doing this diary!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    mine actually broke and always says 00.0 pounds. You're drunk, MFP, go home.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    NO DOUBT! LOL -i'm so over being lied to!!!!!!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It is a huge liar!
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like it. I know it changes a little every day based on what you do/eat, but it's a great motivator to keep up the good work! Even if it isn't always right, it's often pretty close so far! I love seeing a lower # for a goal for the next 5ish weeks! :D
  • vshewy
    vshewy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to get excited when I saw the five week prediction. Now I think it's just cruel.
  • Helenotero48
    Helenotero48 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel motivated, I really want to think that is true and that in 5 weeks I will wieght what it says. LOL
    In the other hand would love it more if it would say how much I will weight the next week.