Dude, she was a total nut bag

Options
whiskey01cat
whiskey01cat Posts: 20 Member
I posted this little story with my fabulous little support group but wanted to share this here…in case there’s other “nut bags” out there lol

Ok ladies I have to share something that just happened to me…sorry in advance for a rambling post lol

I was just finishing up a sweat fest on my treadmill as my 17 year old daughter and her friend passed by to go down to the kitchen. I then overhear the following conversation:

Amy(my daughters friend)- dang I think every time I come here your mother is on the treadmill, like she’s in shape what the deal with all the exercise?

Haley(my daughter)-No dude you should have seen her a year ago before she lost a bunch of weight and started working out, she was a total nut bag! Like she was always yelling about something, cranky all the dang time. Like I totally hated coming home from school cause we knew she was gonna complain about something.

In walks my 15 year old son (Richard)-What you guys talking about?

Haley- mom when she was nutzo!

Richard- oh yeah seriously she totally was! Hey do you remember those little purple pills ( wellbutrin an anti anxiety medication I stopped taking 6 months ago)she used to take…I used to dream about putting extras in her morning coffee. (they all laugh)

Haley- so like now aliens have invaded her body (they all laugh) she’s totally happy all the time, she like dances around the house and seems to find really stupid stuff funny.

Richard- Like do you remember that stupid blue handicap sign she would use everywhere we went? Now she frigging parks at the end of the parking lot and makes us walk for extra exercise…kinda annoying actually. ( I don't even know where the handicap sign is now)

Haley- dude seriously the worst part is how her and my dad are now, like before he was lucky if she looked up when he came home from work, now it’s totally gross cause they like make out in the kitchen for like 10 minutes when he comes home.

Amy- maybe I should tell my dad to buy my mom a treadmill for Christmas lol

Kids leave and I go into the garage where my hubby is. I describe the conversation to him and wait for a reply…Total silence.

Eventually he looks at me with a smirk and says…”every single word they said was the truth”. You’re a completely different person from who you were a year ago, your back to being that girl I fell in love with at 15 years old.

Ok so let me say my husband has never in anyway complained about my weight, attitude or medical condition.

Here’s the thing-HOW could I have become this horribly cranky person and not realize it? Now I’m wondering a few things…

While I was doing the little happy dance in the dressing room because I finally fit into a size 10 (started in a 22) were my children doing their own happy dance because I went an entire week without yelling at someone?

When I started to become more affectionate toward my husband did he do the happy dance lol?

Finally- How did I celebrate the physical changes in my body without realizing I had made even bigger mental ones!

Again sorry for the long rambling post, but today has been a real eye opener for me and I hope if I ever start to become that negative person again I’ll remember this post!

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Aw :bigsmile:
    Awesome post, thanks for sharing!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    This made me cry and smile at the same time. :smile:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Awesome post - I love wake up moments like this because they tend to have the biggest impact on our lives! Way to go - keep truckin'!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love this story!!!! Nice work, you've earned it!
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    That is an amazing post. There is so much I want to say but I will just say thank you and that you are a tremendous inspiration!
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job for loosing all that weight, and becoming yourself again!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Dude !
    I really needed to hear this one today.
    I could ramble on here forever telling you all the reasons why but I will just say
    THANK YOU for sharing this.

Very well said.:flowerforyou:
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    this is beautiful!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :cry: Thank you.........that was beautiful!!

It reminded me of a time in my office. I have worked there for 17 years, but 5 of them are from home. Well 3 yrs ago I had an auto ax...got injured...gained a bunch of weight. I was already overweight, but still physically active. After the accident I stopped doing anything.............everything.............and I must have become someone else.

Because one day about 9 months ago I entered the office thru the side door. I did this KC and the Sunshine band dance....you know Do a little dance, make a little love........get down tonight!! baaaaaaaaaaaaabay!!

Well my old friends LOL but the new, younger girl said after I walked away "Is she on drugs? I mean I always thought she was cranky from all the health foods she eats, I have never seen someone eat like that ALL the time!!"

My friend said "That IS jeannie, she has been gone for a few years and we missed her!!! "

I talked to that friend later and she said I was miserable, crabby and looked like I would bite someones head off when I came in. I told her it was the pain............pain will do crazy things............but also getting my LIFE back has changed my brain!!

Hallelujah!! ( or as my kids sang in church. howdy do da!! LOL)

Congrats on the new life you have earned for yourself!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    That really is an eye opener! I'm so happy for you that you've found yourself again (even when you hadn't realized you'd changed). I'm sure your family must love having you happy again. :smile:
  • SailorBoyFoster
    Options
    Wow :D I loved reading this and it sure made me smile. I have lost about 20% BF since my decision to join the Navy. All my friends back home have said so many thing similar to this. I love how happy I am these days. This story inspired me tremendously. Thank you for sharing this...

P.S. Guaranteed, ur hubby was doing a happy dance!!!!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is a great story! Congratulations on your total transformation and I think it is awesome that your kids have taken note!

(I especially enjoy all of the "likes" that were included. Makes it, like, extra authentic dialogue. :laugh: )
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Amazing! My experience has been similar.
    My boyfriend and I were so unhappy --- on the verge of splitting up pretty much constantly because we were both so unhappy with ourselves. He had talked about moving out several times (we've lived together for nearly 4 years). Then last September I realized I was spiraling out of control and I decided to get a handle on things. I started eating healthier and exercising and really figuring out who I am. I feel so much better -- about myself, about my life, about everything.

Now we're happier than we've ever been in our relationship (and in our lives) and we're getting married in less than 2 weeks. It's incredible how much a healthier lifestyle leads to EVERYTHING in your life being so much better! I guess it's the actively taking control of your life thing. :wink:

Congratulations on your success!!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to this, I lost alot of my weight 2 years ago. I was depressed , cranky and unpredictable! My marriage was failing! Believe me it took alot to see the light. I am not the same person I was 2 years ago. My marriage is better than ever, Im only a little cranky at a certain time of the month and have alot more patience. If this is not is great reason to stay fit I dont know what!
  • runningman1203
    Options
    fab story, kids you gotta love em.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Shows the changes that happen not only on the outside, but the inside as well! Thank you for the inspiration. In my 4 weeks and -8 lbs, I already find myself happier, smiling more, and generally less cranky. Thanks for the share!
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thank you so very much for sharing this! I so needed to hear this. I am saddened b/c i was in the "nut bag" state and am slowly crawling out of it. I am hopeful after reading this that one day my kids will also have this conversation. Thank you cuz I am now realizing that i am on the right track!!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!!!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great story, and way to go on your weight loss, you must be so proud.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    love this!
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    This made me cry and smile at the same time. :smile:

DITTO!!!!

Congrats on your success!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!