Heart Rate Monitor

Options
So mine seems to be crashing...I got new batteries and everything but the watch part won't pick up my HR anymore...and when it does it is EXTREMELY low so I know its not working correctly...

I know people ask all the time but what is a good one to get? And relatively cheap (as in not over $100?) I just moved and am running low on cash but I almost feel naked when I work out without my HRM! ahh!

Replies

• njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've had a Timex now for at least 2 years. I have had to replace the batteries several times but it still works and the numbers seem right.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Did you replace the strap? The batteries go in the strap, too.
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    I have the Polar Bluetooth+ HRM strap. Just the strap that connects through Bluetooth. And then I connect it to my phone. Around $60-70 and I use Endomondo with it. If you have an iPhone, you have to get a different strap specifically for iOS phones.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    i am from UK but i use Polar FT4. Really popular model over here!
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT7 for $90 at Sports Authority about two months ago. It works really well. Heart rate correlates accurately with my blood pressure monitor and the calorie burn calculation matches within a couple of calories of that reported by my striiv Smart Pedometer. The chest strap with bluetooth sensor is compatible with Arc Trainer cardio machines at my gym. Digifit offers a device driver for the FT7 HRM with H7 transmitter that is compatible with their iPhone App for $2.99 and transfers the data to their Web App. Both the iPhone App and the Digifit Web App offer a lot of useful data mapping and health tracking functionality. My impression is the FT7 was a best buy for me as an extra cost ANT device was not required for how I intended to use the FT7 HRM. While other brands did require the extra cost ANT device. Hope this info is helpful to you.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 is $60 on Amazon if you dont mind pink. Ive had mine for about 6 months now and havent had any issues. Love it!
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 after so many good reviews on MFP and other sites. I've only had it a couple weeks, but love it so far.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    what brand name and model is your HRM, if we knew that info maybe someone here could give you some advice.