looking for some more friends and motivation

Options
Hi there, my name is Jamie, I'm 31 and I live in Florida. I've been on here for while already and I have fallen off the bandwagon. I had originally lost 20lbs and in the past year I have managed to gain 10 of it back. Its incredibly frustrating! I cleaned out my friends list because most of them weren't logging on anymore and I need some more friends that can motivate me. I do better when I know there's people who will call me out when I'm slacking. I work from home so its so easy for me to get comfy and stay in my pjs all day or get distracted with stuff around the house. Add me if you're looking for someone to help motivate you too!

Replies

• cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Added
  • jemm0056
    jemm0056 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Jamie,
    I work from home also so I know how hard it is. I am restarting clean eating and working out today. Wish me luck.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Good luck gem x
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks! :)
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    good luck! I'm about to go get on the treadmill myself!
  • Mainesthai
    Mainesthai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie,
    I read your post and it was if I was reading my own persoanl fitness diary. Over the past year I lost 30 pounds, ran four half-marathons. Then I moved - focus shifted - gained 10 pounds back (and only ran 1 half-marathon). Yep, life got in the way. Well we have to make a change. I'm starting the shakeology 3-day cleanse tomorrow. I'll let you know how it's going. I'm having some trepidations because I love food and carbs. Wish me luck. :laugh:
    Robin
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Added:-)
  • fitjerseygirl
    fitjerseygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I logged on today for the same reason. I have been using MFP for over a year with good success, but would love more friends for support and advice.
  • stephske2
    stephske2 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey, I just read your post. I am always looking for additional Mfp buddies.. invitation sent :)
  • derrick998
    derrick998 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Added.
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    Hi Jamie,
    I read your post and it was if I was reading my own persoanl fitness diary. Over the past year I lost 30 pounds, ran four half-marathons. Then I moved - focus shifted - gained 10 pounds back (and only ran 1 half-marathon). Yep, life got in the way. Well we have to make a change. I'm starting the shakeology 3-day cleanse tomorrow. I'll let you know how it's going. I'm having some trepidations because I love food and carbs. Wish me luck. :laugh:
    Robin

Hi Robin!

I tried the juicing thing for a couple weeks... but only for breakfast and I had to quit because it was messing with my blood sugar. I still make juice every now and then but I don't depend on it for a meal anymore. I've never tried the shake thing I have so many weird allergies that I don't like eat or drink anything unless I make it myself lol. Good luck on getting back on track!
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    thanks everyone for the adds! I hope we can all help each other out! :smile:
  • mbarresi815
    mbarresi815 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Marisa. I am from NY and I am becoming a beach body coach. There are so many different options available for you to consider that I can help set up for you. Some are the following: insanity, les mills combat, turbo fire, p90x, body beast, tai cheng, turbo jam, hip hop abs, revabs, and many more. Beach body also offers supplements and shakes such as protein powders to a new shake called Shakeology. Once I have my website set up I can give out a lot of information regarding the programs and we can find a program that fits best for you. I can stay in contact with you throughout your journey. If you have any questions I will always be available to help. If you are interested please email me through fitnesspal or my personal email mbarresi815@gmail.com . I love helping others in getting fit and living a healthy lifestyle.
  • tracyburkee
    tracyburkee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!! I'm Tracy 32 and I LOVE THIS SITE!!! I will motivate/support you, if you return the favor.