Quinoa recipes needed

Options
neo1119
neo1119 Posts: 2
Does anyone have any really tasty Quinoa recipes?

Replies

• GoldenSheep
    Options
    I tend to make things up as i go along with quinoa, my favourite thing so far has been quinoa with a few veggies mixed in stuffed inside a pepper and roasted.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any really tasty Quinoa recipes?

Go to recipezaar.com you'll find all the recipes!
  • melissa9548
    melissa9548 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Search for quinoa pizza bites on pinterest or google. I think it is a fitsugar.com recipe. Made them today and they are really tasty. I modified the recipe and put it in a regular muffin pan instead of a mini muffin pan and each one contains 105 calories. You could easily have two or three for lunch at a reasonable calorie price.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i just bought a quinoa cookbook!
  • soozaninpa
    Options
    I have been doing a lot of casseroles with quinoa, can't find the recipe that I started with but I just wing it now. Made one tonight that had:

- 1 cup cooked quinoa
    - 1 shredded carrot
    - 1 c frozen broccoli steamed and chopped
    - 1/2 c beans (any type black, chick peas etc)
    - 2 c spinach (I used raw but should have sauteed it first - lesson learned)
    - 1 egg
    - 1/2 c plain greek yogurt
    - Trader Joe's 21 seasoned salute seasoning

Mix above in bowl in put in small oven-safe dish (I only cook for myself so I used a small pyrex)

Then put this on top
    - panko bread crumbs
    - cheese (I used feta, mozzarella and parmesan)

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or so

And I just use any and all veggies I have around and sometimes brown some ground beef if I have it.

You can use the recipe builder and for me this was about 471 cal per serving as it was my main dish.

Enjoy!
  • milalooski
    Options
    I have a quinoa chocolate cake recipe. It's really moist and you can't tell it's not wheat flour.

I know cake is not a good food to eat in general, but come on, with quinoa, it's high in protein.

http://cakeonthebrain.blogspot.ca/2012/02/best-ever-quinoa-chocolate-cupcakes-for.html

You can also sub the butter / dairy with the usual butter sub alternatives, like applesauce, or bananas... or coconut oil... which is delicious -you can also add beets for added moisture. I know it sounds kind of weird but it's delicious and doesn't change the flavour.

cook and blend quinoa with eggs and you can make quinoa pancakes.
  • neo1119
    neo1119 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everybody. I've never cooked with Quinoa so it seems kind of foreign to me. But I've heard the health benefits are amazinging. This helps!
  • DanielleLCook
    DanielleLCook Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I find chopping up various veggies, adding soy sauce and occasionally some (covent garden plum tomato and basil soup) this makes an amazing base to add to quinoa or pasta, rice etc.