Calorie count fitbit vs polar?

Options
There seems to be some discrepancy in calorie counters. My aerobics instructor was wearing a fitbit and I had on my polar heart rate monitor during class the other day, her fitbit calculated 1100 calorie burn and my Polar calculated a 600 calorie burn. I push pretty hard during class and always do the high option plus I weigh more then she does. So I am inclined to believe my heart rate monitor. Anyone have any experience on this?

Replies

• ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would deff lean towards the hrm as well. I have both and use both. Fitbit only counts steps. It also takes into account your resting metabolic rate. How many calories you burn by just being alive/breathing. I was shocked at first to see in just one day of walking about 4 miles I burnt 1300 calories! I looked into it a little bit more and it was based on just your body normally burning calories. Atleast to my understanding, I could be wrong. I use my fit bit for every day use and when I workout, I just use my hrm.
  • missred417
    missred417 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I actually am really not a fan of Polar. I havent tried fitbit because i am waiting for the braclet to come out. I think polar is too expensive and doesnt work for more then 8 months to a year.