Yeah, I'm starting another "Frustrated" thread-Sorry

About 3 years ago, I lost about 50 pounds using MFP, diet foods, and excercise.
Well needless to say I have gained about 35 pounds back (why would I be on here otherwise). For about 2 months now, I have been really sticking to my guns and been really healthy. I work out 5 days a week with about 15 to 30 mins cardio and 30 mins strength each time. I've given up soda (don't miss it) and my last fast food meal was about a month ago (Wendy's grilled chicken and a salad). After about 2 months of strict diet and exercise, I have lost only 1 pound.

I don't want to resort to diet meals again, because I want to learn how to change my habits for life and not for a minor period of time. I am basically looking for suggestions. I have opened up my profile so feel free to look at it and give me some thoughts. I've only been logging for about 15 days, but if you look at them, you can see that I am pretty consistent with my daily intake. Maybe I'm not eating enough?

Here's a brief summary of me:

-Eating Lean Meat (More chicken, less red meat)
-Eating more vegetables and fruit
-Gave up Soda, drink mostly water with some 2% Milk here and there
-Gave up "Fast Food", (I still hit sandwich shops, but it's usually a turkey with veggies and no mayo)
-Working out 5 days a week, with a mix of cardio and strength (I don't always enter my strength training, but always cardio)
-My cheats consist of about a 1/4 cup of M&Ms and that's really about it.

Again, I'm just looking for some suggestions. Feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks!

Replies

• bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    The only things that I would think are
    1. Are you sure you're logging your food correctly? I'm not sure what type of sandwhich shops you frequent but I know a quiznos turkey and swiss on wheat is 300+ calories depending on what else you put on it.
    2. Are your workouts challenging you?
    3. Maybe you could try eating more of a variety and getting some different fruits and vegetables in?

You shouldn't have to resort to diet meals. You can lose weight on your own with food that you enjoy. Everyone's body is different. You just have to find what works for you which may mean that you have to play around with different strategies.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 614 Member
    Maybe contact your Dr. Because you loss so much weight before you messed up your thyroid.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    The only things that I would think are
    1. Are you sure you're logging your food correctly? I'm not sure what type of sandwhich shops you frequent but I know a quiznos turkey and swiss on wheat is 300+ calories depending on what else you put on it.
    2. Are your workouts challenging you?
    3. Maybe you could try eating more of a variety and getting some different fruits and vegetables in?

You shouldn't have to resort to diet meals. You can lose weight on your own with food that you enjoy. Everyone's body is different. You just have to find what works for you which may mean that you have to play around with different strategies.

Beside these, I am just wondering why you are not eating back your exercise calories? Did you get 1500 from MFP math because if you did, you need to eat back those calories. If 1500 is your TDEE then you don't need to eat back exercise calories. Also, are you drinking enough water/fluids? There are a lot of days where your sodium intake is high, so it can cause water retention.

Please don't go back to diet meals as it didn't work the first time since you gained almost all of them back.