High Protien Snacks

I'm looking for finger foods like cheese sticks and pumpkin seeds. I don't want to have to "cook" anything

Replies

• Sometimes I eat a 150g pack of sliced chicken as a snack. Yum.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    protein bar :)
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Greek yogurt. Hummus.
  • dan_de_la_peche
    dan_de_la_peche Posts: 11 Member
    Frozen yoghurt, fruit, milk, and whey protein in a blender. Tonnes of protein.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Frozen yoghurt, fruit, milk, and whey protein in a blender. Tonnes of protein.

How long do they keep for?
  • dan_de_la_peche
    dan_de_la_peche Posts: 11 Member
    Oh, not long, man, I don't think (maybe someone who's been at it longer than me would know).

The Whey Protein I use says that it needs to be drunk within twenty minutes. I don't know if that's the truth or not! You could probably make up a load of yoghurt/fruit/milk and freeze that in portions, then add the whey as you go, sort of thing.
  • Quest nutrition bars. Raw almonds. Greek yogurt. Cottage cheese.
  • ctheluck
    ctheluck Posts: 14 Member
    ham wrapped around dill pickle spears
    cottage cheese
    nuts
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    My go to keep stashed in my desk snack is beef jerky. It has loads of salt so I make sure to drink plenty of water. But that stuff keeps forever in my desk. For something with a little more prep I go with Greek yogurt fruit smoothies (protein powder optional).
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    what everyone else said plus edamame
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    QUEST BARS!!!! Freaking amazing, low carb, high protein!!! :bigsmile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,902 Member
    I second the beef jerky. Crab sticks are only 12-16 cals each depending on the brand. I love turkey salami microwaved to a crisp, if you don't count that as cooking. About 30 cals a slice and is as satisfying as a bacon rasher.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Baby bel cheese
    String cheese
    Cottage cheese on celery sticks or rice cakes
    Crab sticks
    Nuts
    Roast soy beans
    Wasabi peas
    Cold sausage
    Sliced ham or chicken
    Humous
  • jevoyager
    jevoyager Posts: 59 Member
    Cheese, protein bar, yogurt are my usual go to's for snacks with more protien. If you're somewhere you can make up a shake or eating something you can add protein powder to (oatmeal for example), that's another option.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    beef jerky or swiss cheese and salami
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member

where do you buy these? i haven't seen them before.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    I second the beef jerky. Crab sticks are only 12-16 cals each depending on the brand. I love turkey salami microwaved to a crisp, if you don't count that as cooking. About 30 cals a slice and is as satisfying as a bacon rasher.
    Are you talking about the imitation crab meat?
  • iveyroze3
    iveyroze3 Posts: 89
    Quest bars. I get at The Vitamin Shoppe, but Amazon.com has everything ( fave is the chocolate brownie flavor )

Natural almonds, walnuts ( be careful because they are very calorie dense ) Doesn't take much to satisfy though

I also like Edamame

Natural peanut butter on celery
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    bump
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    nuts, yoghurt, nut butters, tahini, protein shakes, protein bars, cheese.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372

where do you buy these? i haven't seen them before.

GNC has them, but they're pricey. Amazon or from their own website. You can get mixed flavors from their website.
  • Dannon Light & Fit yogurt with Bare Naked Granola! Yum! I also eat the low fat string cheese and multi grain wheat thins. Also, try the Oh Yeah protein bars, lots of different flavors. You can get them at GNC, but sometimes GNC only has the big bars, and I get the "Good Grab" bars, with 190 cal, 15 gm protein and 4-5 gms of sugar. It's not something I can do every day, but I treat myself a couple times a week with these.