I feel so fat today...anyone have words of encouragement?

Options
Woke up and did 30 Day Shred, have eaten really well so far today. I was feeling really good, then I walked into the bathroon here at work and looked in the mirror and was really disouraged. Anyone else get that way randomly? To top it off, everyone at work are just being donwers, and acting pretty rude. Basically, I am surrounded by negativity and need some positive words!

Replies

• beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Tonight when you get home, put on a hot outfit and go on a date with your boyfriend! Never let those downers make you down, you are doing everything right with exercise and eating healthy so shrug everyone off today, enjoy your night and remind yourself that you are fabulous!!!!

the reminder of how you will look post 30DS won't hurt either :)
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think positive attitudes can be just as infectious as negative ones. Get determined and try to stay positive and see if it rubs off on anyone. I've tried it, and it worked for me on most people. A few were stuck in their negative ways, but it's worth a shot. Even when I'm faking it, the more I smile and act happy, the more I start to feel that way. It's sort of the way our brains are wired.

I have been feeling discouraged a lot because I seem to lose weight everywhere but my tummy first, so right now I think I look about 7 or 8 months pregnant. I'm not a big fan of what I see in the mirror at the moment. But I just remind myself that physical change such as weight loss takes a long time and I have to be patient. If you're diligent, it will happen. I tell myself that currently I have more important things to concern myself with than the way I look. It works for me most of the time, and when it doesn't I resort to "retail therapy" where I buy a new outfit or just a top or something that is flattering on my current figure and makes me feel good.

I know that's possibly not much help, but it's all I've got.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I hate days like that. I'm having one today, even though I just got under 300 pounds this morning. I recommend doing what I'm going to do.

Go home, put on your cutest outfit, freshen your makeup (if you wear any), and take your boyfriend out for dinner. Go for a walk together afterward if the weather is nice. If he isn't up for it, bring your favorite music and walk by yourself to clear your head.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    YES it is so Monday- I'm so discouraged and frustrated today. I feel like I've done nothing because I don't look any different and the weight is coming off so slowly. Today I'm sick of the planning, the depriving, of not ever being satisfied, and dreading spending the rest of my life like this. ARG.

But, I remind myself of how far I've come, that I'm making small, but important changes for both myself, and my whole family, and teaching my kids, especially my daughter, good habits, instead of unhealthy ones they'll have to fight to un-do. And, I pat myself on the back for making the GOOD choices I did today, because it would have been so much easier to do the things that weren't so good for me.

Oh, and I admit, some good trashy TV helps too. Teen Mom 2 is waiting for me on the DVR...
  • ellengrubb
    Options
    Sounds like you know that this will work...so just keep on keeping on!! You got this!
  • imadyer
    imadyer Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Today is just one day. If you stick to your plan, someday you'll catch a glance of yourself and think "Whoa! Look at me!" (in a good way). I know coworker negativity can be contagious, but you can do this without their help. Keep your chin up!
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    At least you're not super bloated and gassy from too much broccoli like I am! Be happy you're just feeling puffy :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Needed the encouraging words also. My hubby won't be home for another hour or so and I want to eat everything right now!!! I logged on to get some motivation and found it. I will take the next hour or so one minute at a time.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I know those days, thankfully they pass! I find that sometimes doing an extra-hard workout helps get all the frustration out. Plus, knowing I'm burning calories really helps with the 'I'm fat' feelings. Chin up, you're on your way!
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track, don't let anyone bring you down!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Fat is not a state of being.. or an emotion.. or anything other than stored energy. Fat has no control over you, no bearing on who you are as a person... it's just excess stored energy. Think of yourself as the squirrel who stored a few too many nuts for winter- now use the nuts and move on. :-)

You are beautiful... let the many attributes that ARE a part of who you are be forefront in your mind.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    love yourself
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yup, I def have days like that. I'm all gung-ho and ready to take on the world...get to work..see my reflection and poof....optimism gone.

Those are the days I focus on other things in life that really make me happy...music...friends....and I drown myself in my work. By the end of the day...I have a clear desk, clear conscience, and I just stroll out while the rest of them are still b*tching and moaning lol.

So ignore the negative and embrace the positive...in any way, shape, or form :)
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful & it sounds like you are doing all of the right things! Keep it up, we all can have "blah" moments. I like to go for a leisurely stroll or sit out on my balcony to get a recharge from nature when I have one of those days. Good luck, every day you are getting stronger!
  • amanda7630
    Options
    Wow, everyone jsut put a smile on my face! MFP is such a great support system. Thank you to everyone for taking time to give me that little boost I needed, it help tremendously! I wish I had more time to take all these suggestions like going out with my boyfriend or just relaxing...but I worke 8-5 then school 5:30-10:30 so there isn't time during the week :( I think that may be part of what has bummed me out a bit though. It's great to work towards my career adn fitness goals but on the discouraging days it's awesome to have all you to turn to!
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much the way I feel every time I see myself in a mirror. I have gotten really, really good at not actually seeing my reflection, even when it's available to see. I call it the vampire effect, and it's one of the things I'm here to change. In the meantime, I just focus on one day at a time- if today is hard, do something nice for yourself and know that tomorrow is likely to be better. Especially if you're kind to yourself today!
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are more than halfway there with recognizing that it is something temporary and likely brought on by the negative people around you. You are on your way and you will feel so great when you get there.

Remember - all of the pain that you go through today will be worth it on the scale and mirror tomorrow. Don't look in any more mirrors today, look at the picture of you healthy and fit in your mind. And take that picture out for some fresh air, even if it's just a walk in the parking lot. Fresh air helps, take some deep breathes and jump right back in.

I'm sending good thoughts your way - you will make it through this!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    When i feel like that I take a shower, do my hair and makeup and put on my favorite outfit and remind myself of how far I've come and how much better I feel. Everyone has down day now and then. Just don't stay in that mood and you'll be fine. Listen to your favorite music..something that makes you happy. I won't even watch anything on TV that is sad or has a sad ending. Just blows my mood to hell. Maybe go for a walk if the weather is nice.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    we all have days like that and they are the WORST.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Fat is not a state of being.. or an emotion.. or anything other than stored energy. Fat has no control over you, no bearing on who you are as a person... it's just excess stored energy. Think of yourself as the squirrel who stored a few too many nuts for winter- now use the nuts and move on. :-)

You are beautiful... let the many attributes that ARE a part of who you are be forefront in your mind.

Love this ^ :)