New mom to two.. new to MFP

krv124
krv124 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all.. I am a new mom to a 3 wk old and have a 2 1/2 year old. I am trying so hard to not hang on to all the preggo pounds and really shed this time. I am hoping to meet some other moms on MFP to share easy meal ideas, motivate and challege. Right now I just started working out (lite) and am tracking calories... trying not to get frustrated when the scales moves at a snails pace. Looking forward to meeting some new friends along with way. If anyone knows of any great groups or challeges.. please share.. I got lost in all the posts :)

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will totally love it here, the support is great, there are always various challenges going on.

I am trying to not to hang onto my pregnancy lbs any longer......however my youngest child is almost 3!!!! so I need to let it go!! LOL

I plan on starting the couch to 5k on monday and I am hoping that will give me a needed boost in the right direction.

If you want to add me as a friend feel free to do so and I'll help cheer you on your journey!!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    My goodness girl! Don't be worrying about the exercise yet. It took 9 months to put it on, it's going to take some time to get it off. You need to take it slow while you heal....go nuts at around 6 months. With each child it takes a few months longer to lose, but eventually it does come off.
    Good luck and congratulations on your new addition!
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Welcome :happy: Congrats on the baby!! You can do anything you put your mind too!
  • krv124
    krv124 Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you.. I know I keep telling myself that. It was so easy to hide in winter clothes after my first. This summer time thing is tough!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    My goodness girl! Don't be worrying about the exercise yet. It took 9 months to put it on, it's going to take some time to get it off. You need to take it slow while you heal....go nuts at around 6 months. With each child it takes a few months longer to lose, but eventually it does come off.
    Good luck and congratulations on your new addition!

AAAHHH!!! That's scary as I'm in the same boat as mamagooskie and I'm just losing the weight 3 years later. Any way, I agree here that you should give yourself time to heal and spend time with your new little one. Watching your calories is fine (be careful if you're nursing, though) but wait a little to add vigorous exercise, that can cause bleeding and undue stress if you start this early. I know you said light, just don't get ahead of yourself. And congratulations on the new addition to your family!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Congrats on your new baby! Im in the smae boat as well, i have a 2 and a half year old and COULD NOT lose the 20 pounds i gained with her, until i got pregnant again with my son who i had on may 15 of this year...at about 3months pregnant i lost 20 pounds and now after i had him im back up again! grrrr... i would love if you added me as a friend on here so we could motivate eachother! I have mastered a couple easy meals that taste good that i can share. Are your breastfeeding? I am and everywhere i read says breastfeeding helps you lose weight quicker....this was not the truth with my daughter! Hopefully this time around i can actually drop 20! Anyways gimme a shout =)
This discussion has been closed.