Dude, she was a total nut bag

Options

Replies

• jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I've not realized until now that I used to be a lot happier and I do catch myself taking it out on everyone around me even though I don't mean too. I hope I can get my happiness and sanity back as you have!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow, I loved reading this. That's amazing & I'm sure that was definitely enlightening!!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wonder if my family is saying the same things behind my back.:flowerforyou:
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    POSITIVELY BEAUTIFUL.
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Tears in my eyes!! :)
    Good job. Can I copy/paste your post for a year from now for me? :)
  • caheglar
    caheglar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That was great maybe I will stop yelling so much after i lose some pounds.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    What a "God wink" to be privvy to that conversation! You are very blessed and sounds like your family is too!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! I relate to the angry-mom thing so much. I'm not always happy dancing yet, but I am more and more often.

Thank you for sharing!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    That's a fabulous story! It's so true (at least in my case too) that my whole attitude has changed. I'm not as cranky anymore, I dance around randomly, and I am overall just happier. Keep up the great work!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Gotta bump this one just so I can come back and read it when I'm feeling discouraged. Totally awsome story! Thank you for sharing it. :flowerforyou:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    First I love the very literal interpretation of a teenage conversation! Next, I feel like your post proves the idea of the connection between the mind and body as a whole. You probably never set out thinking you would make the positive mental changes you made as well as the physical one's but you did! You changed your life and the lives of your family in an amazing way and you should be so proud of yourself!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful story and it brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations for all your hard work. You and your family are wonderfully blessed.
  • iwillweighlessoneday
    iwillweighlessoneday Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wow, that's an amazing story!! Thank you so so much for sharing!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    Amazing! My experience has been similar.
    My boyfriend and I were so unhappy --- on the verge of splitting up pretty much constantly because we were both so unhappy with ourselves. He had talked about moving out several times (we've lived together for nearly 4 years). Then last September I realized I was spiraling out of control and I decided to get a handle on things. I started eating healthier and exercising and really figuring out who I am. I feel so much better -- about myself, about my life, about everything.

Now we're happier than we've ever been in our relationship (and in our lives) and we're getting married in less than 2 weeks. It's incredible how much a healthier lifestyle leads to EVERYTHING in your life being so much better! I guess it's the actively taking control of your life thing. :wink:

Congratulations on your success!!

I'm in the same boat! I've contemplated splitting up with my boyfriend because we're both overweight and unhappy with a lot of things, but then I thought about it and while there are a lot of issues, I can't think of my life without him. So I'm doing the same! Complete self overhaul! I'm hoping he follows in my footsteps when he starts realizing what I'm doing. :) We've been together for just over six years, and even though we've talked extensively about getting married, I'm hoping this overhaul gives him the push he needs to propose! :)
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I posted this little story with my fabulous little support group but wanted to share this here…in case there’s other “nut bags” out there lol

Ok ladies I have to share something that just happened to me…sorry in advance for a rambling post lol

I was just finishing up a sweat fest on my treadmill as my 17 year old daughter and her friend passed by to go down to the kitchen. I then overhear the following conversation:

Amy(my daughters friend)- dang I think every time I come here your mother is on the treadmill, like she’s in shape what the deal with all the exercise?

Haley(my daughter)-No dude you should have seen her a year ago before she lost a bunch of weight and started working out, she was a total nut bag! Like she was always yelling about something, cranky all the dang time. Like I totally hated coming home from school cause we knew she was gonna complain about something.

In walks my 15 year old son (Richard)-What you guys talking about?

Haley- mom when she was nutzo!

Richard- oh yeah seriously she totally was! Hey do you remember those little purple pills ( wellbutrin an anti anxiety medication I stopped taking 6 months ago)she used to take…I used to dream about putting extras in her morning coffee. (they all laugh)

Haley- so like now aliens have invaded her body (they all laugh) she’s totally happy all the time, she like dances around the house and seems to find really stupid stuff funny.

Richard- Like do you remember that stupid blue handicap sign she would use everywhere we went? Now she frigging parks at the end of the parking lot and makes us walk for extra exercise…kinda annoying actually. ( I don't even know where the handicap sign is now)

Haley- dude seriously the worst part is how her and my dad are now, like before he was lucky if she looked up when he came home from work, now it’s totally gross cause they like make out in the kitchen for like 10 minutes when he comes home.

Amy- maybe I should tell my dad to buy my mom a treadmill for Christmas lol

Kids leave and I go into the garage where my hubby is. I describe the conversation to him and wait for a reply…Total silence.

Eventually he looks at me with a smirk and says…”every single word they said was the truth”. You’re a completely different person from who you were a year ago, your back to being that girl I fell in love with at 15 years old.

Ok so let me say my husband has never in anyway complained about my weight, attitude or medical condition.

Here’s the thing-HOW could I have become this horribly cranky person and not realize it? Now I’m wondering a few things…

While I was doing the little happy dance in the dressing room because I finally fit into a size 10 (started in a 22) were my children doing their own happy dance because I went an entire week without yelling at someone?

When I started to become more affectionate toward my husband did he do the happy dance lol?

Finally- How did I celebrate the physical changes in my body without realizing I had made even bigger mental ones!

Again sorry for the long rambling post, but today has been a real eye opener for me and I hope if I ever start to become that negative person again I’ll remember this post!

This is a fantastic story! Congratulations!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thank you for sharing!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Okay, now I'm crying because I feel like I'm where you were a year ago. Great post, great story, great job at the weight loss and so many other changes! I hope I can be where you are (or at least well on my way) in a year!
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Thank you for sharing :bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Well first off congrats on dropping all the sizes and the weight! :drinker: I bet you feel great and so much healthier. Heck I'm doing the happy dance for you:bigsmile: :tongue:

Glad you shared the dialogue and I agree with Holton, how terrific that you were able to overhear the conversation, So you could realize how they saw the change and what huge difference it made in their lives and be able to check in with hubby too and then realize the huge change within yourself.

I couldn't be happier for you Hon xo
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! It really made me think. We ARE so much happier when we're not overweight. I get depressed and I put myself down and then I feel even worse! The few times I've lost most of my weight I've been so much happier.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!