Hugely disappointing results today :(

Options
I have been working out solid for a year... since Jan 26, 2012. I hit the gym 3-5 days a week and do a lot of the classes (abs, muscle pump, fat burner, spin). I eat well and I love my wine, but I work really hard when I'm at the gym and started to see results (as you'll see from my measurements) up until now.

I just got measured this afternoon. I was feeling really good, having a 'skinny' day. Flat tummy, not bloated... you know a good day! So I thought it would be a good day to get measured. Here are the stats:

- Jan 26/12 224.5" total body 35% fat

- March 5/12 218" total body 32% fat

- June 4/12 184.5" total body 33% fat

- March 4/2013: 227" 33% fat.

Kinda discouraged. Wondering why everything has gotten worse. I work hard and eat well. I'm worse than what I was when I started a year ago :( I feel better in my clothes, I see definition in my arms and back and I can tell that my jeans fit better. I don't have a muffin top anymore so what the..??

If I'm doing better I should at least be loosing a few inches. NOT MORE. I have gained a bit of muscle but not much according to my results. So weird. I kinda want to cry.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Are they using calipers or measuring tape? Are they using the same formula they used last year? I "played" around with some fat% calculators and adjusted, like, one number at a time just to see what my measurements would have to be to be a certain BF%. My conclusion, it's not very accurate. If you feel better in your clothes, my guess is there was a measurement error.
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    I have been working out solid for a year... since Jan 26, 2012. I hit the gym 3-5 days a week and do a lot of the classes (abs, muscle pump, fat burner, spin). I eat well and I love my wine, but I work really hard when I'm at the gym and started to see results (as you'll see from my measurements) up until now.

I just got measured this afternoon. I was feeling really good, having a 'skinny' day. Flat tummy, not bloated... you know a good day! So I thought it would be a good day to get measured. Here are the stats:

- Jan 26/12 224.5" total body 35% fat

- March 5/12 218" total body 32% fat

- June 4/12 184.5" total body 33% fat

- March 4/2013: 227" 33% fat.

Kinda discouraged. Wondering why everything has gotten worse. I work hard and eat well. I'm worse than what I was when I started a year ago :( I feel better in my clothes, I see definition in my arms and back and I can tell that my jeans fit better. I don't have a muffin top anymore so what the..??

If I'm doing better I should at least be loosing a few inches. NOT MORE. I have gained a bit of muscle but not much according to my results. So weird. I kinda want to cry.

When you say you "love your wine", how much do you love it? Sure, there are health benefits to a glass of wine but it's almost pure sugar. Could this be the culprit?
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It helps to be measured by the same person, at the same time of day, under the same conditions (before eating, first thing in the morning or later in the day). I'm sorry you are so disappointed and do not blame you in the least. I was measured at 28% a month ago compared to 18% over a year ago. I am 20 pounds heavier then I was at 18% so I suppose it is to be expected. As long as you keep with it, the numbers will improve.