Best excercize for waist to knees

Options
Im getting so discouraged!!! I go to the gym almost everyday and i cant seem to lose my lovehandles and my thighs!!! Any sugestions as to what would b best?
I use the stairmil always but....

Replies

• chelle610
    chelle610 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The stairmill may actually be adding bulk to your thighs. I hold weight in the same areas and the only think that has helped me is regulated calories with lots of low-bulking cardio like running. It's a hard area to cut the fat from though! Good luck.
  • thepotz
    thepotz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    grab a 10kg barbell

do 20 deadlifts then 20 rows then 20 back squats then 20 shoulder press without a break
    then rest for 1 minute and repeat 3 more time it should take 15 mins then do your normal workout
    this will burn calories for hours after

Good luck
    Scott
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    fork put downs

works every time
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanx ill try these ideas
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    from an earlier post about the same topic:

"you don't spot reduce and there are no "do this and make my belly flab go away" exercises.

eat at a deficit, lose fat all over until you start losing around the gut."

done.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bumping for thepotz exercise advice
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    from an earlier post about the same topic:

"you don't spot reduce and there are no "do this and make my belly flab go away" exercises.

eat at a deficit, lose fat all over until you start losing around the gut."

done.

^This.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you'd want a waist that reaches your knees. That seems both awkward and undesirable.
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have found Pilates helps with the love handles, at least it did for me before.

The flab does not go away quickly, but it will go. Just keep on moving!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns and table pushbacks

edit: oops, didn't see wellbert beat me to it
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    fork put downs

works every time

LOL, this is a jerk way of saying it, but diet is huge for losing fat from those areas. I also carry most of my weight in my thighs, and I find that no exercise makes them smaller, and many of them actually make my legs bigger. The only thing that helps me lose fat there is a good healthy calorie deficit. And it's very slow going. Good luck!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    fork put downs

works every time

LOL, this is a jerk way of saying it, but diet is huge for losing fat from those areas. I also carry most of my weight in my thighs, and I find that no exercise makes them smaller, and many of them actually make my legs bigger. The only thing that helps me lose fat there is a good healthy calorie deficit. And it's very slow going. Good luck!

Yep, this is the truth. I honestly to goodness just had to get below a certain body weight before that stuff started to go away.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo
  • sherriholman
    Options
    Hi Im not sure if you like to dance or not, but, Zumba is a great work out that uses alot of movement around the mid section . it works out the whole body as well. Try it out and see what you think.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    OP, you can do Tae Bo and Zumba and Ninja training and punching through brick walls and running marathons backwards.

It won't target fat in one particular place. The only way to get rid of fat in that particular area is to get rid of it all over... until it goes away in that area. I'm all for more exercise, that's certainly a good way of doing it.. but none of these are going to magically zap the midsection.
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My friend got zumba im gunna try it with her
  • trogalicious
    Options
    My friend got zumba im gunna try it with her
    and as long as you're at a calorie deficit, it'll work...
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    fork put downs

works every time

Number one best and truest answer
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Do some weight lifting. Gain more muscle then you will lose. It might add to the bulk at first, but the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. Even while sleeping!

Squats are really good for your thighs! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    unfortunatly, those areas are the hardest to lose.

hit the squat rack, do squats and dead lifts. lots of them. for a long time. in a six months when you start seeing the results, you'll thank me.