New to this site. Starting 30 day shred tomorrow!

Options
So far, I have lost 25 pounds. Tomorrow I am starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Any advice or tips?

Replies

• DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started it today - WOW! It is a workout!!! I'm really going to try to stick with it - I need major motivation! :)
  • stephwickersham
    stephwickersham Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am really nervous! Since my dieting and eating healthy started on January 16th, I haven't worked out intensely. I have heard it is tough, but I need my c-section belly to go away!
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Maybe we can motivate each other!
  • orchid1602
    Options
    I did the 30DS for about 10 days and was really enjoying it. Unfortunately it absolutely killed my knees so two weeks on and I find going down the stairs still really painful. It's a great workout though, hope you get the results that you want :-)
  • stephwickersham
    stephwickersham Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dana! I need motivation! I tried slim in 6 and after 2 workouts, my thighs hurt so bad, my legs would shake anytime I sat down. I guess I will need to figure out how to keep going through the pain. Not sure how though.
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new as well. I started 30DS 2 weeks ago & have just completed level 1 yesterday. 10 workouts, I had a few rest days. I start level 2 today & am ACTUALLY looking forward to it. It is tough, but just do what you can. I can tell you that I feel stronger than I would have imagined. Just a warning though, the first week I started the scale crept back up a couple of lbs & then finally starting to move back down. If that happens to you just work through it. My clothes are feeling more loose these days. Based on what others were saying that I have read, I took measurements & pictures when I started. People say you see more results in pictures & measurements vs the scale doing this program. Good luck.
  • robine182
    robine182 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are several Groups doing 30DS for the month as a challenge you should look into one of those, a local friend of mine joined those forums and has been happy with it! Good luck that stuff is HARD!
  • tinarex
    tinarex Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started last week and then took a few days break after getting my roots done and not being able to wash my hair (plus it was convenient timing since I could barely get up and down stairs for 3 days). But I started up again today and made my calendar into a 30 day countdown and stuck it on the fridge. I had lost about 45 lbs before my wedding in September and have definitely fallen off the wagon in a post-wedding "yay I can eat what I want again" free-for-all. I am determined NEVER to get back to where I was and to get down to where I really want to be. My goal is 45 lbs down from where I am now by August.

I also have been looking at a lot of before and afters of 30DS and using it to keep me motivated to not quit/take any breaks in the next 30 days. I mean really- it's 25 minutes a day for 30 days- so doable. My trouble time tends to be weekends that I skip the gym so thinking that being able to just stay in my living room on a Saturday morning and bust it out will help. I also tend to not eat as well since we'll go out to dinner or kind of eat on the run.

I took before pictures and those alone I think will motivate me since they stare me in the face any time I open the photo album on my phone. Maybe any time I think about eating something crappy I'll bust those out and remind myself the direction I want to be going.