who wants to jump start a diet by fasting for three days?

Options

Replies

• Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    In a word....no. My wife complains I am irritable if I don't eat for 6 hours! I would end up in the dog kennel if I did any longer. Besides, it sounds really unhealthy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    No essential protein and fats for 3 days? What are you jump starting by doing that?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a terrible idea and a good way to crash your metabolism right before you start a new diet lol.

Probably blame that on the new diet, no doubt.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Good Lord, why??
    The cat is strong with this one.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I need to have a fasting blood draw done and for the last two weeks have been trying to work up to a 14-hour fast. I don't think there's any way I could do a 72-hour fast, even if I wanted to.
  • Miracle081667
    Options
    Hello thanks for all of your responses, but I really needed a fasting buddy, Is there anyone out there?
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you would be better off jump starting with a 24 hour fast and then going to lean gains or eat stop eat...what form of IF are you going to do?

I do lean gains 18/6 and I have never done 72 hour fast...and at 72 hours is when your body really does start to go into starvation mode and starting looking for other stores i.e. muscle to burn for energy ..

Do a 24 hour fast and then stick to your IF protocol....

Try this^^^^...better for you and it works great...I do a 24 hr fast once a week...say on tuesday I eat dinner at 5pm....I dont eat again until Wednesday at 5pm...one meal less than 1000 cals...
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My parole officer requires me to get a minimum of 1100 calories every day lest we have a repeat of The Incident.

I kid, I kid. But I seriously do get cranky when I don't eat. So no.

Sounds like the newest Snickers commercial LOL.

To OP:

1) I don't fast for 3 days because it can do more harm than good

2) I do not follow any "diet" - I am eating healthier, and changing my habits, which is a lifelong goal.

I do, however, wish you well in your pursuits.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Why would you not want to eat for three days straight? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You do not "jump start" your body, it's not a car. And if you're doing it to "keep on track" from having a run of bad days - if you couldn't eat well while eating, what makes you think you can do it while starving yourself?
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Sounds like hell.

I wouldn't even skip a meal for you, much less three whole days of deliciousness. :noway:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Not me!
    If I "fast" for more than two hours, I get real cranky.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mf56ldjqQa1rnqxsi_zps6be526f1.gif
    You should listen. Hobbits know about food.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a terrible idea to me
  • ceddiec
    ceddiec Posts: 1
    Options
    Who wants to drive across the country with me with my gas tank empty?
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've done that before.. would do it again but I'm doing Insanity and would NOT be able to continue those workouts without eating. Good Luck!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Worst.
    Idea.
    Ever.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Worst.
    Idea.
    Ever.

This xD
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    641fcffad4e8fa6a2abec3da6af71d66.gif

Just start your plan. Why would you want to screw yourself up and make things difficult for 3 days before starting a new lifestyle?
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You are crazy!!! How do you think that's going to get you anywhere faster??? I think you should re-consider this terrible idea!
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hello, I want to start doing a Intermitted fast ongoing daily. But want to jump start it by doing a three day water fast. Any body with me? Any diet that you follow afterwards Is good by me. Lets just fast for three days first!

Sure, lets do some blood letting to jump start our humors too, and maybe a lobotomy to jump start our positive thinking.