Cookie Dough Dip (Made with chickpeas!)

Options
aschr690
aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
I made this today and it's SO good! I ate it with teddy grahams.

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3Tbsp peanut butter
1 1/2 Tbsp skim milk
1/3 c + 1/4 c brown sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips or these: Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips. (Some commenters have had success with a blender, but I did not. Try that at your own risk, and know the results will be better in a high-quality food processor such as a Cuisinart.)

Replies

• babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I made this today and it's SO good! I ate it with teddy grahams.

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
    1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
    tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    3Tbsp peanut butter
    1 1/2 Tbsp skim milk
    1/3 c + 1/4 c brown sugar
    1/3 cup chocolate chips or these: Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips. (Some commenters have had success with a blender, but I did not. Try that at your own risk, and know the results will be better in a high-quality food processor such as a Cuisinart.)

It's nice to give credit where credit is due. Recipe comes from chocolatecoveredkatie.com
    I have tried this and it is AWESOME with graham crackers!! Oh and I reduced the brown sugar down to 4 tbsp and it was still awesome.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/
  • aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I originally posted then link then I ended up typing exactly how I made it so I didn't think about it.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!! I am going to a baby shower this weekend, I think I will make this! :)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this. There was another recipe for cookie dough (using chickpeas) but it got taken down and I didn't save the recipe before hand. But I'm glad I found another!