Greetings from the UK!

Options
Hi all, my name is Robert, I'm 34 from London. At the time of joining myfitnesspal I weigh 210lbs and my goal weight is a healthy for my height and build 150lbs, so as you can see I'll be on here for quite sometime so feel free to add me!

The reasons for my weight gain (despite the obvious to many calories,not enough exercise!) are I stopped smoking and ate everything in sight, twice! and I suffer from Insomnia and the mediciation I was put on slowlwed my metabolism.

I look forward to reading all of your stories and sharing your highs and lows over the coming months.

Replies

• Bonardi
    Bonardi Posts: 3
    Options
    I saw your "greetings from the UK" post and was whisked to London and Stroud in a flash -- I had to respond. You see, I accepted an assignment to work in the UK last year from January to May. Loved it! But missed my family terribly, too. I lived in Stroud and travelled a little, mostly worked and developed a community of friends in Stroud.

I walked everywhere, which helped to keep my weight down, as I allowed myself to eat everything under the sun, including Stroud's famous Framer's Market donuts! But when I got back home to the San Francisco Bay Area, it was back to driving everywhere. No doubt 15 pounds climbed back on quite quickly. Stress certainly didn't help, as I had five months of catch up work ahead of me.

My doctor told me about this site. I have been on it for about a month and have learned some valuable things about my eating habits and that I eat when I am stressed (I really am too hard on myself). Anyway, glad you joined and good luck with your continued progress.

Cheers!
    Barbara