Empty calories and now I'm starving!!!

Options
So, today I was under my calorie goal, but not by a lot, and all I ate was pretty much empty calories. I had a donut for dinner because I was running late to work.
And now I am STARVING.
What can I eat that will fill me up even a little thats under 100 cals?

Replies

• trachnurse
    trachnurse Posts: 51
    Options
    You could always have a salad with a little meat for protein. That would work for me to fill me up. I dont use salad dressing, so for me the calorie count stays low. Good luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Do you have bananas? I've found that one of those is decently filling, and a medium sized banana is 90 calories according to MFP.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    fibre! vegetables
    250g frozen spinach = 70cal
    300g cucumber = 45cal
    500g celery 70something

2tbsp salsa = 9cal

haha any combination of the above... if you could actually eat those quantities (with the salsa to help)

theres tonnes of things that would MORE than fill you up for under 100cal
  • Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    Dont panic if you go over a few calories once in a while. It is also not healthy to be starving. You can make a sandwitch or a salad for under 200 calories and get enough nutrition to keep you going.
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Do you have bananas? I've found that one of those is decently filling, and a medium sized banana is 90 calories according to MFP.
    I have no bananas :( *sad sigh*
  • masoca1
    masoca1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should make yourself some soup to have on hand for when you're in a hurry or for when you need something with a small amount of calories. All you need is some fat free beef broth, couple cans of stewed tomatoes, some onion, carrots, green peppers, green beans or any non-starchy vegetables....boil it all (might have to add some water) and tada!....you have lunch, dinner, or a snack ready to go at any time and a serving of it would probably be less than 100 calories and no fat. You could eat all you wanted in a day to stay full!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Dont panic if you go over a few calories once in a while. It is also not healthy to be starving. You can make a sandwitch or a salad for under 200 calories and get enough nutrition to keep you going.

Ditto. Either eat a bunch of veggies, if you have them on hand, or just go over a bit on your calories for the day. It isn't going to be the end of the world or even derail your plans. Better to have some food than to get so hungry you just binge or get lightheaded (which is what happens to me).
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So, today I was under my calorie goal, but not by a lot, and all I ate was pretty much empty calories. I had a donut for dinner because I was running late to work.
    And now I am STARVING.
    What can I eat that will fill me up even a little thats under 100 cals?

You can just alow w with meet alow . No waloooow
  • fightthesunrise
    Options
    You probably don't have this at your place currently, but something that I live by is Diet Snapple Peach Tea. It's super filling and keeps your hunger at bay for a few hours, not to mention it's 0 cals.