Do you ever just think...UH, YEAH!

smae1980
smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
edited September 21 in Chit-Chat
So this is for any of you who have recently had a situation where someone said something obvious and you had to stop that sarcastic comment from flying out of your mouth?

Here's mine. So at work today, I was cooking for the lunch crowd at the cafe where I work and It was about 85 degrees with high humidity ( gotta love NY!) and the kitchen is open to the dining room. The server was taking an order at the counter and I was trucking through my pile of orders when I hear the guy at the counter say "HA, she looks like it must be pretty hot back there!"
Dude like I said, 85 degrees, high humidity and I standing in front of two grills and a fryer. No it was as cool as a chilly fall afternoon! Ugh! sorry but sometimes I have no tolerance for unnecessary obvious comments. I know he meant no harm, but it was still just like, DUH dummy!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    haha... actually I'm one of those people that says something back to the idiot but I'm super sarcastic all the time. :bigsmile:

~Leash :heart:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    My pet peeve is when you say something and someone responds, "Really?" Grrrrrr :angry:
  • smae1980
    My pet peeve is when you say something and someone responds, "Really?" Grrrrrr :angry:

I know like you're going to say "no I was just kidding!"
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member

Really?

Sorry, just had to do it :bigsmile:
  • smae1980

Really?

ugghhh!! You Suck!! JK, LOL!!!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member

Really?? I do that ALL THE TIME! And I'm not joking. It's a bad habit I picked up from someone else. I also say "dude" a lot and I need to stop that too. Really.
  • My pet peeve is when you say something and someone responds, "Really?" Grrrrrr :angry:

I say that often, but with sarcasm. :laugh:

I've found that the whole "Really?" thing (the non-sarcasm one) is often used in my state. Same with "Dude!" or "Bro!" I don't know, it must be a regional thing? *shrug*
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    See below. :smooched:
  • SoupNazi
  • SoupNazi
    This is where "Here's your sign" became famous.

loser.gif
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    i had a situation like that a few years ago and it was so unbelievably stupid it just stuck with me.

ok so i work at wal-mart and at one time i workde in health and beauty aid (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.) so a co-worker and i were stocking the toothpaste and let me just say that in my store the toothpaste and toothbrushes take up one side of an entire aisle. that said, i will continue. as we were stocking the toothpaste a lady walks up to my co-worker and says "excuse me. where is the toothpaste?" i had to bite my tongue and walk away to keep from saying " hello lady open your eyes. it takes up a half and aisle. DUH!!!!"
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Really?

or "Let me be honest here"...................ooooooooooooK :huh: so you have been lying to me up until now??
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177

Really?

or "Let me be honest here"...................ooooooooooooK :huh: so you have been lying to me up until now??

Really?
This discussion has been closed.