need some help with a diet

Options
hi, i am new to the site, but have been a visitor several times. 3 weeks ago i started p90x i am seeing results in my arms and forearms and no where else lol.. i still have a beer belly, i read the nutrition guide that came with the routine but i just dont get it.. i understand that i have to eat healthy and cut back on the beer.. so i have done that.

im eating about 6 times a day, in the morning 5:20am i have a breakfast shake that consists of 14g of protein, then at 9 i have tuna on crackers, then at 11 i eat a apple, then at 12:45 i eat a lean turkey sandwich plain on whole wheat bread with another apple and a ceral bar, then at 3pm i have a protein bar, then at 530 i eat a peaunut butter sandwich then at 6 i do my p90 x work out, then ill usually have a chicken breast or a nice sald with turkey or chicken in it.

i work 11 hour days constantly moving at work so i try to eat when i can and luckly for me i have several breaks in my day where i can get eat a quick snack. on the weekend i have cut back on my drinking alot, i now only drink one day a week and i have 6-12 beers.

my stats: im 5'4 20 y/o male, yea short i know lol.. weight 146, i got a beer belly and man boobs. trying to lose the beer belly and man boobs lol

Replies

• TheUniqueDivaProject
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the middle of a course on Nutrition. Can I suggest that while the meal replacement shakes are quick and easy that maybe cut them out. Once you stop using them your weight will go straight back on. Now I'm no expert but what I have learnt over the last 7-8 weeks is that real food is best. Try having your breakfast a little later. Or if you can't have something like Muesli with fruit which will fill you up til your next 'meal' then eat a snack followed by maybe a chicken and salad sandwich or ham and salad. Eat things that will help you to stay full throughout the day but that are low in calories and fat oh and if you are drinking sugary drinks you may want too cut those out as well or limit them to one a day. You know if you can figure this out you can still enjoy a can of beer even 1 each day and loose the dreaded beer belly. Feel free to contact me via the site if you would like me to help or explain a bit more. It's working for me I have lost a whole kg in a few days without too much exercise. Good luck
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at advising specific foods and whatnot, but proteins are always good to keep up on. Making sure you're eating enough (your calorie goal) is also important, especially since you are very active. What's your calorie goals?