Favorite clean eating ground turkey or chicken recipe?

Options
kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
Been focused more on a clean eating diet....give me your favorite ground chicken or turkey recipes please

Replies

• nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    okay!

1 lb ground turkey breast
    6 oz plain nonfat yogurt
    1 tsp. poultry seasoning
    1/2 c something - to - bind (oats, bread crumbs, etc., i use crushed corn flakes)
    1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 beaten egg)

1 large apple (granny smith) peeled (or not!) and chopped
    1.5 cup chopped celery
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup shredded carrot

spray a large skillet with nonstick spray, or mist with olive oil, or use a little chicken broth to keep things from sticking.

saute carrots, onions, celery, and apple until softened.

while that's on the stove, mix the other ingredients in a large bowl.

when the veggies are done, let them cool off and then mix them in with the turkey stuff in the large bowl.

oven: 425 degrees

at this point you can make one giant loaf and bake it in a loaf pan, for 35-45 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like the edges. to test for doneness, poke a knife into the center, and if it comes out clean, it's done.

i like to make individual loaves and bake them on a cookie sheet. then i freeze them.

nutrition info:

3 servings ........... 4 servings...............5 servings ...........6 servings
    369 calories......... 277 calories............221 cal.................185 cal
    30g carb ............. 22 carb....................18 carb................15 carb
    11g fat ................ 8 fat.........................6 fat.....................5 fat
    39g protein.......... 29 pro......................23 pro.................19 pro
    4g fiber................ 3 fib.........................2 fib.....................2 fib
    13 mg calcium....10 cal........................8 cal....................6 cal

i usually make 4 or 5 servings. if i make 6, it looks more like meatballs than meatloaves. and three servings are pretty big, my girlfriend calls them 'greedy-people' servings.

shoot me a message if you have any questions.
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So far its ground turkey with sautéed zucchini and onions and ground turkey with scrambled eggs, sautéed fresh spinach and diced tomatoes.

Havent tried ground chicken yet...
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So far its ground turkey with sautéed zucchini and onions and ground turkey with scrambled eggs, sautéed fresh spinach and diced tomatoes.

Havent tried ground chicken yet...
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That sounds good w/some fresh garlic
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks !
  • mrbossman
    mrbossman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My wife added black beans and alittle brown rice,this was great!!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

Turkey Stuffed Peppers
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 servings (1/2 pepper) • Time: 55 minutes • Old Points: 4 • Points+: 5
    Calories: 184.7 • Fat: 2.3 g • Protein: 20.8 g • Carb: 20.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g

Ingredients:

1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
    1 garlic, minced
    1/4 onion, minced
    1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp cumin powder
    salt to taste
    3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
    1 cup fat free chicken broth
    1/4 cup tomato sauce
    1 1/2 cups cooked rice
    Olive oil spray
    1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese

Directions:

Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and meat together.

Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I made stuffed bell peppers last night. Green peppers cleaned out, ground turkey, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (I prefer to use fresh), chopped onion, green chilies for a little kick. You can add brown rice to the mix but I didn't have any on hand.
  • KimberlyA28
    KimberlyA28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to try this!
    My wife added black beans and alittle brown rice,this was great!!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

Turkey Stuffed Peppers
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 servings (1/2 pepper) • Time: 55 minutes • Old Points: 4 • Points+: 5
    Calories: 184.7 • Fat: 2.3 g • Protein: 20.8 g • Carb: 20.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g

Ingredients:

1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
    1 garlic, minced
    1/4 onion, minced
    1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp cumin powder
    salt to taste
    3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
    1 cup fat free chicken broth
    1/4 cup tomato sauce
    1 1/2 cups cooked rice
    Olive oil spray
    1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese

Directions:

Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and meat together.

Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy.
  • miame22
    miame22 Posts: 16
    Options
    I put 2 lbs of skinless boneless chicken breasts, 1 package of frozen peppers and onions stirfry (no additives just frozen peppers & onions) and clean taco/ fajita seasoning (I found it on the Eat Clean website) in the crock pot - you don't need to add any liquid at all!
    Cook it on high for 2 hours then turn it to low for 4 hours (you could do low for 8 hours too). Then shred the chicken with 2 forks and serve with everything you'd normally put on a clean fajita (greek yogurt, salsa, black beans, avacado etc). They are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

For ground turkey:
    2 lbs ground turkey cooked and drained
    1 bag frozen peas and carrots (no additives just frozen vegs)
    1 to 1 1/2 c clean brown gravy
    sliced mushrooms (1 cup)
    mix it all together with minced garlic, and Italian seasoning

1 bag frozen cauliflower steamed and blended w/ a little water (consistency of mashed potatoes)
    top with mashed cauliflower

bake covered for 20 minutes then take the foil off and bake for 15 more.

Tada. Ground turkey Cottage Pie
  • Rwhite606
    Options
    I always check out this website for healthy and tasy recipe's - www.excellentprotein.com - My favourite is the sugar free chocolate pudding because it just tastes amazing
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not 100% clean, but pretty darn close.

Thai Lettuce Wraps - sorry I don't have amounts, I just cook by feel.

Ground Turkey
    Garlic
    Jalapeños
    Lime Juice
    Fresh Mint Leaves, Basil and Cilantro
    Touch of Brown Sugar

Start browning turkey, add garlic after few minutes. Jalapeños a few more minutes later. Lime juice, brown sugar and fresh herbs/spices when turkey is almost done cooking.

Serve over lettuce leaves with Sriracha.
  • McCooeyD
    McCooeyD Posts: 2
    Options
    couple of pounds a ground turkey in large mixing bowl. Take 1 1/2 cups of frozen green beans (defrosted) And one med onion. run thru food processer or blender. Add to meat, add one cup of italian bread crumbs, i sml can of sliced mushrooms. Mix well by hand. Use the broiling pan and spray pam on grill part. put meast on top and form into a meat loaf. Top with fresh sliced tomatoes. Put in oven and bake at 375 for 45 to 60 minutes.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Thai ground/minced chicken/turkey salad (Larb/Larp/Laab)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4753/thai-minced-chicken-salad

This is so flavoursome and healthy, I could eat it everyday!!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Not 100% clean, but pretty darn close.

Thai Lettuce Wraps - sorry I don't have amounts, I just cook by feel.

Ground Turkey
    Garlic
    Jalapeños
    Lime Juice
    Fresh Mint Leaves, Basil and Cilantro
    Touch of Brown Sugar

Start browning turkey, add garlic after few minutes. Jalapeños a few more minutes later. Lime juice, brown sugar and fresh herbs/spices when turkey is almost done cooking.

Serve over lettuce leaves with Sriracha.
    I'll be trying this. Thanks!